Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Specifications & Technology Enhancements Intel

By BlackOpsNews on September 2, 2012
BlackOpsNews
Level 19
‎09-02-2012 03:19 PM
‎09-02-2012 03:19 PM

What are the Minimum System Requirements?

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHz

Memory: 2GB for 32-bit OS or 4GB for 64-bit OS

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512 MB or ATI Radeon HD 3870 512 MB

Can I run the game on Windows XP?

No, sorry. Since we upgraded the engine to use DirectX11, Windows XP is no longer supported. It requires Windows Vista or later.

Will the game actually be playable on my minimum spec machine?

Absolutely. We have tested extensively on a variety of hardware and we are very confident in the performance even at the minimum specs.

What engine is used for Black Ops II?

The Black Ops II engine builds upon the Black Ops engine with a number of improvements including performance optimizations, enhanced graphics, and proprietary anti-cheat technology.

What performance optimizations have you introduced for Black Ops II?

Performance has been a top priority for Black Ops II PC from day one and we have achieved significant improvements. We’ve improved the way the engine handles multiple threads. Additionally, we moved the engine from DX9 to DX11. The DX11 API is leaner than DX9 and requires less CPU time to do the same amount of work. It is important to point out that this benefits the entire range of supported GPUs, not just DX11 hardware. We have also added more “quality vs performance” options than ever before so you can customize your experience to either run faster or to satisfy your taste in eye candy.

You mentioned enhanced graphics for the PC version. Can you tell us more about that?

Black Ops II PC features enhanced lighting, shadows, antialiasing, bloom, depth of field, ambient occlusion, and other enhanced effects that are still in the works. And the game can run at higher resolutions and higher framerates on the PC.

Will there be a framerate cap?

No. Unless you want one. We have included an adjustable FPS cap slider in the game options. The minimum setting is OFF (no cap).

43 Comments
_c_c_yuri
Level 1

oh, Looks like my time with winXP Does ends.

kvn8907
Level 1

There are advantages and disadvantages to now allowing Windows XP for this. The disadvantage is that, according to http://betanews.com/2012/09/01/finally-more-people-use-windows-7-than-xp/, about 40% of people still use Windows XP. Doublessly doing this will alienate some gamers.

The advantage, of course, is that the new OSes are newer, and a lot of gamers have switched over to newer ones anyway. I switched to Vista in 2007, and Windows 7 last December, so I'm not concerned. Plus, while Call of Duty: Black Ops II will still be hobbled on six year old consoles, it sounds like Treyarch is really bringing Call of Duty into the 2010s on the PC when it comes to graphics. So, I'm really looking forward to seeing how Call of Duty: Black Ops II plays on the PC come November 13th.

reploid
Level 1

Besides the Min Spec, nothing really new was revealed on this post, we need info on the Dedicated Servers...

whatabeer
Level 3

Awesome, can't wait until launch!

Please tell me there is going to be a field of view option?! That's a must for pc fps's. I hope so! 65-90, maybe even 100

alphatt
Level 4

yes there will be one.

matuzz
Level 63

Looks good!

Nice! THe PC version is better than pc MW3Smiley Happy Good Word 3arch

Sug4rKane
Level 1

Radiant?

joshuaodoom
Level 1

Now i have to freakin buy win 7 and change my damn drivers gosh ! ughh............

lcammo
Level 1

i have all the requirements apart from i have nvidia geforce gt 240 will it stillbe able to play or do i need to think about getting a new graphics card

lcammo
Level 1

you might need to buy win 7 and change the drivers but it is worth anyway most of the games that will be coming out wont use win xp

Eaaf
Level 1

Nice! Can't wait to play!

bfe77
Level 1

Is anyone here playing with this graphics card, and if so, how well does it respond?  It is an add-in card, not onboard...

AMD Radeon HD 7450 Wombat PCI Express video card

Any feedback is appreciated...

jeradsyn

Prolim123
Level 1

treyarch, windows xp currently have a 40% usage, same as 7, meaning allow windows xp to be not supported will alienate 40-50% of players, which means reduced money earned on the pc. what i think treyarch should do is to let the player select whether to use dx9 or 11, such that windows xp is supported because seriously, the nvidia 8800gt doesnt even support dx11 and yet it runs black ops 2?, this means that black ops 2 DOES SUPPORT dx9 but it is hidden, so treyarch, why have you goofed?

Prolim123
Level 1
whatabeer
Level 3

Are you seriously complaining of the lack of a 12 year old OS which is Windows XP? Oh and the 8800GT is Direct X 10..Windows 7 ultimate supports an XP mode...

FraNcis1
Level 1

BLACK OPS 2 WILL RUN WITH THIS CPU ?

Pentium(R) Duel-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz

Prolim123
Level 1

@whatabeer, i am just saying that treyarch will alienate some players, about 40% of the desktop market share, and god damn it, black ops 2 looks horrid. it looks dx9 compatible with the 4 year old graphics..and @FraNcis, your cpu will run, but dont expect high graphic settings

Microsoft360
Level 2

Does anyone know if there is going to be full gamepad support???

FraNcis1
Level 1

I Know i play it all off only specular map on, but i dont want to play with only 30fps like the first black ops, i hope thats fixed , if its not fixed in black ops 2 it will be bad for my gameplay

neshoba2
Level 1

is black ops 2 going to be compatable for apple computers

espio97
Level 1

will it be like the original black ops where we can switch from fullscreen to windowed? unlike the IW games

Ravenbomb
Level 1

i am using an intel(R) HD graphics family. will this work or should i not spend $80 for deluxe, even less $60 for normal? (using a laptop so replacing cards will not work very well.)

Amiragha
Level 1

can i run it with this system???
cpuSmiley Tongueentium dual-core E5400 @ 2.70GH

memory:2GB

video card: Nvidia GeForce 9500GT 1GB

???

Moderator Moderator

For those asking: http://systemrequirementslab.com

Run the test for Black Ops to see if you can meet the minspec.

kakkienakkie
Level 1

Can I run black ops 2 with a 3rd Generation Processor Intel ® Core i5-3210M (3M Cache, 3.10 GHz up to)

BulletSTROKE
Level 1

does black OPS 2 have any LAN options?

lw-dragon
Level 10

Well at least the game should look pretty good on our console like dedicated servers.

Supreme__IV
Level 1

Im a noob when it comes to pc gaming, but im getting into it. Can someone please tell me if the HP Pavilion P6-2020A can play the game?

4gb ram

3.6ghz

Nividia GeForce 512mb

Windows 7

1TB

Please help ? Much Apprichiated

damze
Level 6

About time too I might add! Steam survey shows that that only 11.89 % of steam users use WinXP. It is time to upgrade to a newer OS.

xTheBiHProx
Level 1

Nice keep up the good work the best CoD it should work fine on my specs?

4 gb ddr3 ram

Intel core i5 3.10Ghz (Quad Core)

Nvidia Geforce GT 525M 1gb dx11

HDD 640 GB 5400rpm

Windows 7 64 bit

xTheBiHProx
Level 1

it should work is your processor dual core or quad core?

sbfenix
Level 1

Supreme__IV wrote:

Im a noob when it comes to pc gaming, but im getting into it. Can someone please tell me if the HP Pavilion P6-2020A can play the game?

4gb ram

3.6ghz

Nividia GeForce 512mb

Windows 7

1TB

Please help ? Much Apprichiated

What geForce is it? also, are you running core I's or duel core proccessors?

Thraxx01
Level 1

Anyone who still has XP:

XP: "No please I still have my whole life ahead of me!"

User: "DIE XP"

XP: "No please your making a mistake! AAAAHHHHH!"

User: BANG, BANG, PEW PEW PEW."

malikgamer
Level 1

Hello Can I play Call of duty Black Ops 2 ??? please help....

**Intel(R)core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30 Ghz

**Ram : 4 Go DDR3

**64 bits

**windows7

babbe30
Level 1

rg fhhf

CODMWX24
Level 1

hoi

ik wil black ops kopen voor de pc alleen doet

de multieplayer het nog goed en zijn er nog genoeg mensen online

want ik heb gehoort dat black ops 2 ook uit is alleen ik vind normaal

black ops wel leuker alleen wil ik nog wel weten of hij dus nog online staat en of er nog genoeg mensen op zitten iets van 1000 gewoon genoeg voor een lekker schiet gevecht

graag een reactie

theproplayer
Level 1

i'm useing a windows 8 and i'm not sure it will run on it

my pc has a duel core 2.2GHz intel processor. the system requirements are a 2.6GHz if I get the game, how could this affect the performance?

BrianIngrid1
Level 1

will it work with windows 8?

Smosh1120
Level 1

Its Says "DirectX Encounterd An Unrecoverable error Check The Read Me For Possible Solutions" On my Windows Vista???

ZoRaX_mig
Level 1

Hello Call of Duty.

Can my PC run Call of Duty Black ops 2

My PC is: Acer Aspire E5-521G Smiley Happy

Mvh: Mikkel Kobberholm