The Age limit for COD world league

Call of Duty Esports General Discussion

Highlighted

The Age limit for COD world league

I feel that the age limit to participate in the world league should be ether 16 or 17. There have been many players who couldn't participate in this due to age such a Huke, he wasn't able to play because of this and I feel it's a hindrance to trying to expand the CoD eSports scene cause Ive got to wait till next year, that's when I can play in this. There are lots of young and promising talent who shouldn't have to wait till their 18 to play this game with the pros

Level 1
6 REPLIES

Re: The Age limit for COD world league

in reply to Twistedtempo3

At 18 your a adult i think that is why

-YOUR BOI MIKEYYYYY-
Level 23

This rule has been plaguing the franchise for years. There have been phenomenol young players capable of competeing at Champs that have been denied because of age. I remember during BO2, there was a 15 year old I believe named Gucci, who almost single handedly took down Complexity, probably the best team in the history of Call of Duty. Forcing teams to change around rosters based upon age and not whoever best fits that role is precisely why there needs to be opposition to these silly rules and choices, clearly made by a handful of people that have no clue what they're doing. This same year, Spacely, who was a phenomenol player as well, had to be dropped off of FAZE because he was not old enough to compete at Champs. The fact that such an incredible opportunity for such a hard working young man could be squandered by such nonsense is simply disgusting. It's hard to be a pro past 25 anyways, why would you put an age restriction on an already short term career? On a game mostly played by children, no less. Seems like the people calling the shots are not qualified for their jobs, especially within the World League. 

Level 12

in reply to WillGotGas

the game has a age  to play it   so 

-YOUR BOI MIKEYYYYY-
Level 23

in reply to mikesalty

Yes, that means a kid under 17 cannot buy it. Not that he/she can't compete within the game at the highest level of play. Trust me, video games are already taken more seriously than tobacco and alcohol, but I doubt they would have such laws preventing this stuff from happening, asside from gambling laws, like the situation Rambo had while living in Quebec.

Level 12

The Age Limit is 18 as listed on this Call of Duty World League page. Seems pretty inline with most other esports too and many programs in general. 

Community Coordinator

I agree it should be 16 as pro players like scump etc started at the age of 15 at their first lan events I say 16 is a safe age to compete as its between adult and teens so it's perfect and as you said lots of young talent 

Level 1

Studios