Anyone know if there will be Clans wars option Solo players?

Call of Duty Ghosts Clans Discussions

Anyone know if there will be Clans wars option Solo players?

Hi folks,

As in the title, I was curious if anyone knows if the clan wars part of Ghosts MP will be open to solo players???

Personally, I got very bored/annoyed at BO2 for a number of reasons very quickly. Then I discovered League Play with the 4v4, I played in that game type for months as a Solo player and had lots of fun. It was especially satisfying when 4 solo players were destroying a clan teams. ;~)

I know I could join a clan but I would really prefer playing solo. Mainly due to having throat cancer a couple of years ago and I have difficulty in speaking loud enough to talk via a headset.

Level 1
7 REPLIES

Re: Anyone know if there will be Clans wars option Solo players?

in reply to SaorsaBlack

I've wondered that very same question.  I've got a large clan but I like playing solo.  I have to wonder if the Clan vs Clan will be set up where you have to bring your own team or if it will basically match make the teams together (ie a clan with two people getting paired with a clan of 4?)  The objective seems to be some blurred version of winning games and holding down an area.  I don't know what "holding down an area" means exactly.  Is it an area on the overall map (ie win the game) or a smaller area within the map selected (ie win the game while controlling a small area).  I suspect that it will be similar to what we have today and in that case individual players will still be able to contribute.  However, I have read that you can gain clan xp anytime that you are partied up with at least one other clan member.  This would imply that you could actually gain clan xp just playing normal modes as long as you are in a clan party.  Regardless of which way it plays out, I'm definitely curious to the answers.

Level 69
Highlighted

in reply to phxs72

Me too

Level 31

in reply to phxs72

You secure an area (aka game mode) by winning so many games. From there, you "hold down" the area by winning more games in that game mode.  If another clan gets more wins than you in that game mode, they take it over.

I'm not sure if you can participate in the clan wars section if you aren't in a clan...that is a very good question.

Level 33

in reply to LifeSong1

I figure that you would have to be in a clan is use the clan wars section but I think (and this is just a guess) that they may have a provision to allow one man clans to participate.  If not new clans are going to have a hard time getting off the ground.

Level 69

in reply to SaorsaBlack

Just thinking out loud on my own thread.

Surely, it must be easy enough for IW to recognize non clan players (solo players). Therefore, shouldn't IW already have an in build "solo clan" indicator.

So when a solo (non clan) player goes on the Clan Wars map/matches. The in build system goes "solo clan" and grabs 3 similar folk and allows them to get involved in the territorial clan/map wars thing.

Then after a few months of playing, it would be interesting to see the actually clan stats and see where the solo clan (solo players) get ranked against actually clans.

Level 1

in reply to SaorsaBlack

I'd think that they'd have to have something to cover the one man clans.  I know when my clan started it was basically just me and I got the clan to lvl 4 before I even bothered to start recruiting more members.  At the time there were so many lvl 1 clans that weren't doing anything that I felt that I needed to separate myself from them before worrying about growth.  Of course, I could be wrong about it but I would think that they would have some option available to allow one man clans and as such solo players to gain clan xp.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

Maybe the minimum will change to 4. Or maybe 1 man clan members will be able to level up their clan in multiplayer only. According to this link, 4v4 can only be done with your clan members.

Clan vs. Clan playlist will be 4v4 playlist using MLG rules - Charlie INTEL Blog: Call of Duty Ghost...

Level 18

Studios