Clan Invite issues

Call of Duty Ghosts Clans Discussions

Clan Invite issues

I have tried inviting players to my clan but I receive an error message.

Error Message:

Player does not have a COD Account or must play games in order to invite.

I know for a fact that they have an account on elite. or is that not the account the message is talking about? Also I have played games with them, so I know they have been playing.

What can I do? Help?

Level 2
16 REPLIES

Re: Clan Invite issues

in reply to ThisIsCisco

It's not the Elite account it cares about but technically it is the same account that is used in Ghosts so they should be fine. I would have them go to the barracks menu and try clicking on the "COD Account" button at the bottom and seeing what that says. He can also go to callofduty.com and sign in and make sure his gamertag is linked to his profile. There's been lots of issues with people joining clans so keep that in mind as well.

Level 33

in reply to LifeSong1

I have tried all of the above and still cannot have my clan members added. Clans Wars start in two weeks and I only have 2 members out of 18. This is F-ing Frustrating.

Level 2

in reply to ThisIsCisco

Also when they search for the clan, they get a response back saying the clan does not exist.

Level 2

in reply to ThisIsCisco

What is the clan name? I'll look for it myself.

Level 33

in reply to LifeSong1

It's xDEMONxNINJASx or DEMONxNINJAS or DEMONxNINJA'S

Level 2

in reply to ThisIsCisco

Hah I'd search for it but every time I hit the Join/Find clan button on the phone app it dies

Level 3

in reply to ThisIsCisco

xDEMONxNINJASx - Level 1 - 2 members

DEMONxNINJAS - Not found

DEMONxNINJA'S - Not found and not a valid clan name (can't have apostrophes).

Sounds like you need to make sure you are giving out the proper clan name. It also appears that the search is matching from the first character on so the first letter must be present (it's doing a "starts with" search, not a "contains" search).

Level 33

in reply to LifeSong1

Thank you for searching and letting me know.

Now I just need to be able to invite more clan members.

One of my clan members got my invite but he said he's not allowed to accept.

Level 2

in reply to ThisIsCisco

Currently the APP is screwed up. It only lets you search for and invite Xbox players so the only way to be sure to get them in your clan is to play a game with them, go over their name in the lobby, select invite to clan. If they can't accept the invite over the net then I had to split screen game with them at my house, go over their name, invite to clan, then have them check for invites and accept on my console. After leaving the game and coming back in they could use our WoLo clan tag.

Level 5

Studios