Clan War Feedback

Call of Duty Ghosts Clans Discussions

Re: Clan War Feedback

in reply to canadac4

It should be size and WL ratio, kd has nothing to do with certian modes where an entire team can go negative and win.. The group I was in where all similar sized with similar wl ,,,, kd was all over the place and had no relevance in the clan war as far as who took first second or third.

Level 75

in reply to LifeSong1

Well if how they handled the clan stuff in MW3 is any indication of how well Beachhead is going to handle this stuff, I would say we will have to wait until February until there is any help in terms of a website, clan sizing and limiting that size until the end of the current operation and giving better data on the clan members.

Another decent concept will die a slow painful death

Level 48

in reply to LifeSong1

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.  Let's keep it coming in. The more feedback we give them the more they have to go off of. I doubt they will change too much of this but it's worth putting out there for them to read.

PS - Let's make sure and put the blame for some issues on Beachhead and not on clans. For example, clans recruiting and growing their clans. This is not the clan's issue as a clan should be allowed to grow. The issue falls on Beachhead for allowing the new members to count in the clan war. Don't blame a clan for growing in size...

Level 33

in reply to LifeSong1

Very good post LifeSong1, I agree with most of what you and everyone else are saying here. The biggest point being of course adding players to your roster during a clan war makes absolutely no sense, and players even changing clans mid season to a clan in the same league? That just aint right! What are the loyalty to something like that?

I just hope, for my own sake, they don't make it so that only 75+ members clans are in the Platinum divisions... We'd just see large clans with no reason to be in that clan other than playing at a high division, you'd have no feeling for the clan, no loyalty or anything other than they were good or high placed so you joined them. I am in a clan with total of 3, and I'd much rather have it like that and win with my two close friends than with a bunch of gloryseekers who might switch sides half way through if another clan got a few CPs ahead.

Level 5
Highlighted

At least I know who my real friends are now and the traitors are gone .  Any clan can be in the platinum division.  I'm not sure what they base it off of, maybe k/d and play time but my sisters in a clan with 9 players and they were in platinum.  They also won first place and they weren't even trying, they just play a lot.  I think Smaller clans with dedicated members will probably have a better chance of winning esp if they are your close friends plus they don't require a lot of wins to take over nodes.  Our division had to have 140 wins for TDM while my sister only had to have 12. 

Level 2

in reply to LifeSong1

Five stars for your feedback on clan rosters.

Level 4

in reply to LifeSong1

I agree with most of the posts about clan size.  The size of a clan should lock at the onset of clan wars and only be able to be adjusted between.

The most irritating thing so far is that my clan (8-9 members who actually play Ghosts) starts off winning and within 4 hrs we're behind by 50-100 CP.  How does a clan commensurate with my own get over 160 wins in Domination under 4 hours??  Doesn't math out.

Level 28

in reply to LifeSong1

I completely agree with your points and completely disagree with the way they step down the CP after each battle, this most recent clan war started at 3pm...most of us are at school or work....not this one clan!  They got on captured almost every node in a 2 hour period and racked up just over 200 CP!!!  Later that night my clan took 7 nodes and have controlled 5-6 at all times since then and have a whopping 140ish CP, The first clan hasn't captured a single node since the first 2 hours.  You should not be able to WIN a WEEK long battle in the first 2 hours!!!

Level 1

in reply to jump_freenow

That explains why TDM was only worth 7 cp when we took it.  I was scratching my head on that one.  You are right.  They shouldn't decrease their value.  My division had the same problem.  One clan picked up several nodes in the first two hours while every one else was at work/school and they ran away with the clan war.

Level 69

in reply to LifeSong1

The scoring is easy to figure out if you do a little research.  The most valuable capture is the FIRST CAPTURE of any node, since it will decrease ONE CP everytime another clan captures it.

The CP Value is based on the amount of wins and the percentage XP bonus you get after capture.  Seriously  - it's not hard to figure out.

Holding a node for 24 hours gets your clan 4 CP.  Note it is EXACTLY 24 hours since the time you captured it.

The matchmaking of clans I HOPE will get better.  Right now it's about who plays MORE-  that's it. We are a @30 member clan in Platinum Division.  BOTH Clan wars we have gotten OVER 200 CP - to come in 2nd place to clans who obviously do NOT have to work and can play almost 24/7.  The vast majority of our clan are adults who have families, job and responsibilities - but still manage to win more the 3/4 of their matches and get over 200 CP.

Not only is the cheating / hacking causing teams to post tons of wins (all the perks saw it in several matches this weekend, invisible hack, spawning with mini gun and all perks etc) we've run across instances of clans getting their friends and even fellow clan members (no clan tags of course) to jump in their multiplayer lobbies so that they can throw the match (or even just FORFEIT) to give them fast - easy wins. We were racing a clan in HCTDM - everyone knows how slow those matches are.  We're 6 wins ahead - 1 full party - 1 full match.  They finish a HCTDM match in 2 minutes to cap?  Really?

While I really like the idea of clan wars, it's not about going against other clans.  We actually ran into the clan who is beating us in clan wars - in a normal lobby. We beat them 4 matches in a row.  At least we know who wins playing against each other based on winning / skill - versus who has more members who can play three straight all nighters and not have to work on Monday.

Level 3

Studios