Clan Wars Schedule - in the middle of a work week?

Call of Duty Ghosts Clans Discussions

Clan Wars Schedule - in the middle of a work week?

It seems that we've had the Clan Wars on a rotating schedule that starts on Wednesdays at 12:00pm PST which is literally right smack dab in the middle of a work week. I know the majority of the concentration is to accomodate the younger crowd (those that don't have to pay the bills LOL) But is there going to be a chance to change these schedules up a bit in future clan wars so that clans that have mostly working adults in them can have a good chance in having a head start at the beginning of the wars?

I know this may be too much to ask but if we get placed in a division where the clans we're going against are full of younger kids that stay glued to their tv during the day, we absolutely have no way in competing against those type of teams. I'm not saying to never have it on Wednesdays.

Just curious if the powers that be would be OPEN to mixing up clan wars schedules every now and then. Maybe have it start on a weekend. On BO2 it was great competition because for ops/challenges it was during the weekend.

Also, location has a big factor in this too. At the start of the wars, EU clans would also have a head start as it would be evening time for them when Clan Wars begins.

Just thought I'd put some ideas out there. I mean GROWN UPS like to be competitive too! LOL

Level 3
38 REPLIES

Re: Clan Wars Schedule - in the middle of a work week?

in reply to I-am-JUBEE1

I-am-JUBEE wrote:

It seems that we've had the Clan Wars on a rotating schedule that starts on Wednesdays at 12:00pm PST which is literally right smack dab in the middle of a work week. I know the majority of the concentration is to accomodate the younger crowd (those that don't have to pay the bills LOL)

Trust me, I am with you on the time and the work schedule part. But I have a few kids in my clan and they have to study for finals. So even they are screwed lol

Level 18

in reply to mwfan55

I''m a kid and I have finals so it doesn't really matter that much

Level 3

in reply to I-am-JUBEE1

I bought this up with BH already, currently the start end times give an advantage to euro players, the start time favors euro and the end time allows euro clans to take nodes while the rest of the world is either sleeping/at school/working

Bh did say they would mix up the start times.. so we get another clan war that does exactly the same thing.

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

It would make more sense to start them on Saturdays, as the first 6 hours is the most important time in any clan war.

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to I-am-JUBEE1

No matter what you do someone is screwed in regards to the start/end time. Finding the balance for it is the tricky part. Rotating the start times is likely the best option.  It may be a bad start time for you but a good start time for someone else. This has always been a complaint with clan ops, clan challenges, and now clan wars. Like I said, the only solution is to rotate the schedule, though I'm sure we will still have plenty of complaints about each start/end time no matter what they do.

Level 33

in reply to LifeSong1

I think it should start on Saturdays, but still there will be people that get the disadvantage.

However the current time of 12 pm PST, is when the player count peaks at Steam Steam: Game and Player Statistics

Level 2

in reply to LifeSong1

Agree Lifesong - For many people (anyone in retail/food service) the weekends are the workweek.

in reply to I-am-JUBEE1

Totally agree with you, except that im a student that finds no play time during the week, but Clan Wars schedule be better if it started Friday or Saturday.

Level 43

in reply to I-am-JUBEE1

Variety is the key. Don't always make the clan wars start on a Wednesday. Try rotating schedules so different times can accomodate different players and their schedules. At least with BO2, we had choices - weekday challenges, weekly challenges, and weekend ops/challenges. It seems we are so much more limited on Ghosts. I'm assuming they are still in their 'testing' phase as they do not have anything confirmed nor verified as far as scheduling for these clan wars with the only information we have is it does start (so it seems) every Wednesday.

Level 3

Studios