Clan Wars Schedule - in the middle of a work week?

Call of Duty Ghosts Clans Discussions

Re: Clan Wars Schedule - in the middle of a work week?

in reply to I-am-JUBEE1

The real reason for the clan start and end times....

It is easier to the company running the war. They are at work and it cost them less. 

Until the bugs are worked out the wars will be short with the same start/stop time.

There is no consideration to being fair at this point. Euro clans have a distinct advantage as it is now.

Level 15

in reply to tallowby

question to you? What bugs or fairness issues are you speaking of?

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Izjar11 wrote:

question to you? What bugs or fairness issues are you speaking of?

clan wars has some serious issues in regards to fairness and bugs .. it will be interesting to see if the week off they have fixed these for this one but knowing beachhead i doubt it

if they havent a EURO clan can win clan wars in the first few hours and rather ironically without even playing multiplayer

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

That is true, with beachhead nothing is guaranteed and more than likely it will have a problem. The app was working fine for me, now with yesterdays "update" the clan section is having issues and the clan wars section as well.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to I-am-JUBEE1

I'd also like to respond that I think the length of the clan war is too short, especially when you have a point like Domination that takes 120 wins to capture.    During the last war, I don't think anyone in our group of eight really started to consider trying to cap it until the third day.  By the time it was capped, there was no point in a second clan trying to take it because the amount of time needed wasn't available.  Now I know some will say "that's only 20 wins for a team of 6," but for some clans that have less then 20 members, finding a group of 6 online at the same time who want to concentrate on one point for that long is hard.  Especially when that same group of 6 could work on one of the 15 win points and cap it in three games.  Add in the time spent waiting in a lobby trying to find 6 people willing to stay in the lobby when they see they're going up against a full clan team.  If they're going to have a clan war that only last for four or five days they need to cap the win requirement to a max of 60 for any point.  On the flip side, if they extend the war, they will need to increase the cap limit on several points or face having clans run through the available capture points before the war ends.

Level 2

in reply to Paladin244

You should know that the large number of wins required for Domination was intentional. They wanted to try the concept of some nodes that took a lot longer to capture (sometimes the majority of the war) but with a higher reward for capturing it.  5 Days is an ideal length in my opinion. It needs to always include a weekend though. Not all points had that high of a value and that high of a CP award.

You should note that saying "it takes 60" wins only applies to your situation. For mine, it was 200 wins to capture domination. The amount of wins depends on the size of the clans in your group of 8.

In my opinion, 5 days is about the perfect length.

Level 33

in reply to LifeSong1

LifeSong1 wrote:

In my opinion, 5 days is about the perfect length.

Agree with 5 days.

Also to add, Beachhead already stated that they thought 2 weeks was way too long for clan wars. That is why it is at 5 days.

Level 18

in reply to I-am-JUBEE1

Clan Wars is for the "dedicated"

What do you mean by dedicated? If by "dedicated" means being online 24/7 then I guess I am not? Dedication means effort to me personally. If outside of my real life priorities I can dedicate myself in trying to get wins - that's dedication enough. I'm not going to quit my job, neglect my kids, to get online and be as 'dedicated' as those that access the console and tv all day and all night. I may not be able to be on as much as those type of players, but that doesn't make me less dedicated.

They need to do a rotating schedule for this to accomodate all the differences in locations and schedules. It would be the easist solution to the number of complaints Clan Wars has had.

Level 3

in reply to I-am-JUBEE1

A lot of us have other responsibilities that are far more important than any video game ever will be but those that do have the ability to play 24/7 are going to have an advantage.  It's nice if you have a few of those guys in your clan but I think what can also be helpful is having clan members in different time zones.  My clan picked up the HC TDM node last night and it happened while I was sleeping.  The biggest thing that I need to really get my clan rolling again is Christmas to get here.  Literally half of my clan doesn't have the game yet.  I've maintained the roster with them on it so far just because we've already unlocked several of the emblems and many of those guys have been in the clan for years.  So I figure that we can take it on the chin in these first couple of wars until the reinforcements show up.  But after Christmas, I'll be looking to clear out any dead accounts to make room for new active members.

Level 69
Highlighted

in reply to I-am-JUBEE1

Yep. Surprised to see another start time that heavily favours European clans. GG Beachhead, way to make stuff fair for the US/Oz/NZ clans who may have already fallen foul of this.

Level 31

Studios