Clan Wars - Tactics and strategies

Call of Duty Ghosts Clans Discussions

Re: Clan Wars - Tactics and strategies

in reply to Maccabi

That pretty much is the same strategy that we use in our clan wars.  I'd say other than getting an early lead which is very much so important to placing in 1st, using the other clans aggression to bring down certain nodes before you stage an assault is probably the most important and overlooked strategy.  We actually tied for 2nd place in this last war because we got swooped on one node that we almost had captured but we rallied and picked up another node that came open and tied them up.

Another strategy if you are playing from a leading position is to watch for hot competitions between a close competitor and one that isn't so close.  If I see a clan that has no chance of overtaking our lead in a hotly contested battle with a clan that is running close behind us, I'll use that moment to look for other opportunities.  Figuring that my competition will be distracted by the battle at hand.  I look for nodes that aren't being contested all that much and will be worth enough points to offset the gains if my competition does take the node that they are working on.  Of course, all along I'm hoping that the other guy gets it first.  But either way, I'm putting myself in position to advance my lead.  In this last war, I actually took the time to capture a 2cp node that we were close to capturing just by happenstance (TDM) because that 2cp was just enough to ensure our lead if my competition won his battle which he did.

Level 69

in reply to Maccabi

You forgot to mention the douche strategy being used so often...minimize your clan to get placed in a lower bracket, then recruit like crazy after the war starts.   Man I hope the start locking rosters...

Level 1

in reply to DesertWhippet

There have been heavy hints coming from Beachhead that point towards a roster lock. Fingers crossed!

Level 31

in reply to Maccabi

Clan Wars are a joke.  Scenario:

Team up with a few from your clan

Never leave the lobby (get some wins and some losses)

Have other clan mates join the lobby (can take awhile)

After awhile, clan members are on both teams (easily hidden by removing clan tags)

Result:

No matter the outcome, clan gets wins. Easy Capture. obvious Exploit. Joke.

Very disappointed when I saw this happening last night.

Activision Ambassador

rlbl wrote:

Clan Wars are a joke.  Scenario:

Team up with a few from your clan

Never leave the lobby (get some wins and some losses)

Have other clan mates join the lobby (can take awhile)

After awhile, clan members are on both teams (easily hidden by removing clan tags)

Result:

No matter the outcome, clan gets wins. Easy Capture. obvious Exploit. Joke.

Very disappointed when I saw this happening last night.

and they will get banned quickly from the clan war there is mechanisms in place to spot this that scan for exactly this behavior

basically this is a quick way to rack up wins and an even quicker way to get your entire clan removed and banned from clan wars and have all their cp removed.

in other news i will update this post with some new tactics now the scoring has changed and there has been some other changes made to clan wars

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Well if that is the case, my faith is restored.

Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

That is good to hear about the mechanism for catching boosting clans in clan wars, but from my clan wars experience in gold/platinum (win gold/get smacked in plat/win gold/repeat), if you have enough players to fill a lobby, you can rack up a heck of a lot more wins if they are playing in two different parties.

Of course, we expect our clan party of 5/6 players to win the majority of their matches.  A semi-decent clan should be winning at least 2/3 of their games anyway.  Having another group losing deliberately only wastes resources at that level.  If you had a group that had so much trouble winning that they had to boost, they would need a large number of members to keep up.

Level 12

in reply to Ungrateful_Dead

I have to concur.  Only clans that quite frankly suck feel the need to boost but they are out there.  My clan doesn't lay down for anybody.  In fact just last night one of my party members got kicked from the match due to connection, rejoined but ended up on the other team and went something like 44-20 with 4 caps.  He was over and above the top scorer on that team and gave us a real fight.  But that's exactly what I expect my guys to do.  We don't take it easy on each other even if it would have been smarter to do so.  Of course we picked him up again right after that match.  We may be honorable but we aren't stupid.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

The big exception:

• As pointed out in another thread, though, a single (non-clan/friend?) booster using party chat in one of the Search modes could have a fairly strong effect on the outcomes. 
Level 12

in reply to Ungrateful_Dead

True but I don't have party chat on the playstation.  Of course, he could just as easily use a cellphone I suppose but what can you do?  People that really want to cheat will find a way to do so.  I'm glad that they are at least trying to make it less convenient for them.

Level 69

Studios