Clan size= wins in Clan wars?

Call of Duty Ghosts Clans Discussions

Clan size= wins in Clan wars?

I am curious to know what size clans out there are running into the number of wins to capture a "node".  A small clan has to capture 7 wins for HCTDM for example, 15 wins for Domination, etc.. Any one care to elaborate your experiences so far? Thanks in advance!

Level 20
17 REPLIES

Re: Clan size= wins in Clan wars?

in reply to KC_KREW

From what I've been seeing and the other clans that I have talked too the amount of wins required to take a node is proportional to you clan size so there is little advantage there. Example if a clans in the range of 45-55 we use 50 members take 150 wins to take tdml and a clan range 7-13 we use 10 members takes 30 wins to take tdm , it comes out to 3 wins per clan member to take the node. Other nodes may come out more or less but same principal .

Level 75

in reply to KC_KREW

As a clan of 25 our TDM wins have to be 60, However game modes like S&D have been around 20-22.

The  last 2 Platinum clan wars our squad has had to put in 12-14 hrs per day to keep up with French clans and Euro clans. Thats with more than half of our roster being on at the same time. 

Needless to say numbers dont matter in Clan wars, its the amount of active players you have in your clan. The more inactive players you have in your clan the harder it will be for you to win.

Level 2

in reply to HigherGaming

HigherGaming wrote:

As a clan of 25 our TDM wins have to be 60, However game modes like S&D have been around 20-22.

The  last 2 Platinum clan wars our squad has had to put in 12-14 hrs per day to keep up with French clans and Euro clans. Thats with more than half of our roster being on at the same time.

Needless to say numbers dont matter in Clan wars, its the amount of active players you have in your clan. The more inactive players you have in your clan the harder it will be for you to win.

Exactly right.

While you may get matched against clans with large numbers of inactive players allowing you to stroll through your Clan War, the only way to be competitive at the top level is for all of your members to be active.

Level 9

in reply to samprotagonist

I couldn't agree more...We have a clan with roughly 50-60 members and we rarely have more than a full 6 man party playing on each of PS3 and PS4.  So for examples sake (these aren't actual stats AFAIK, I believe we have a higher winning percentage in clan wars), if our 2 - 6 person parties win 2 out of 3 games;

12 wins per 10 min match @ 2/3 or 4 of 6 matches = 48 wins/hour - This lets you project what kind of effort you will need to take a node.

This level of production has been sufficient to win gold for us 3 times so far.  2 times we got promoted to platinum and had similar production, but found ourselves being doubled in wins by the first place clans.  We just didn't have the numbers online participating to compete at those levels.

I know that Beachhead has claimed that they go off of clan's record in clan wars and regular play (hours and wins), so inactive players who don't play Ghosts at all may not influence where you are seeded too badly.  However, players that do play Ghosts in any amount and do not do clan wars ARE going to be a liability in this system.

If you want to win at platinum and the new diamond levels, you will need your maximum number of members participating.

Level 12

in reply to HigherGaming

I agree, it's all about who is the most active in your clans. A 30-man clan with all members active could beat a 90-man clan that only has 10 people active. This is what's been happening to all my clan's wars after the 1st one.

Level 3

in reply to KC_KREW

need more input please-bumpity ,bump!

Level 20

in reply to KC_KREW

KC_KREW wrote:

need more input please-bumpity ,bump!

I'll give you input. For the first time in clan history, MANY clans are downsizing. Large clan with inactive members will hurt you.

In short, it doesn't matter what the size of your clan is, as long as 90% of them are active you will be fine.

Level 18

in reply to mwfan55

This is exactly it.  My clan is doing the same thing.  If you are holding on to inactive members then you are shooting yourself in the foot.  I get applications from guys all the time with less than 10 hours played.  Some with less than 2 hours played and they don't understand why I won't let them join despite their 2+ kd.  This far removed from Christmas, I would think that anything less than 40 hours played is probably not going to be a good candidate and I prefer guys with 75+ hours played.  Granted each clan will decide what they want and who they think is a good investment despite their numbers.  The bottom line is that hours played has become the most critical factor for clan membership.  At least as stats go.  Win percentage is 2nd and kd is 3rd.  You want people with solid numbers in all 3 stats ideally and of course they have to fit in well personality-wise or their stats aren't going to matter.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

phxs72 wrote:

I would think that anything less than 40 hours played is probably not going to be a good candidate and I prefer guys with 75+ hours played.  Granted each clan will decide what they want and who they think is a good investment despite their numbers.  The bottom line is that hours played has become the most critical factor for clan membership.  At least as stats go.  Win percentage is 2nd and kd is 3rd.  You want people with solid numbers in all 3 stats ideally and of course they have to fit in well personality-wise or their stats aren't going to matter.

Recruiting to me has turned into a Job interview process LOL

To add to this, I will no longer take anyone less than 25 years of age either.

Level 18

Studios