How many will opt out of diamond division now?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts Clans Discussions

Re: How many will opt out of diamond division now?

in reply to MindSpazms

We got the diamond invite. Our clan has not decided whether to opt in or not.  Personally I could care less about the rewards.  I play clan wars for the competition of it.  I'd prefer diamond for the scheduling.  I don't want to opt into diamond to face a bunch of clans that are inactive because they "got theirs" already. I sure hope that for those of you that don't intend to play clan wars anymore, you opt out of diamond.  I'd rather have a tough battle for 3rd than a free ride to first.   

Level 23

in reply to jnikoley

Let me asure you this has been the case in every war in DD we have been put in ...3 out of 7 play ..n when they realise the can't win ...or have placed 3rd they don't bother...at least in Platinum it was a challenge

Level 2

in reply to jauwkit1

So far in platinum, my experience has not been an easy ride.  Somehow, we always face active clans.  We battled hard for a 5th 4 wars back.  1st and 2nd had over 900 cp.  After that we battled hard and switched between first and second, only to fall to 2nd on the last day, "monday blues" scenario.  Last two wars we won 1st by over 200cp, but it was no free ride.  We were more organized and had better strategy.  If diamond is at least as competitive, I expect we would do well to place 3rd.  I would be happy with that. 

Level 23

in reply to jnikoley

Wish our clan war experience was more competitive. Last 2 wars the lead clan has basically clinched 1st by Friday. We've tried to keep up but just can't. Easily finished second in both but at least 4 of the other clans were inactive. They need to improve match making & possibly make clans "opt in" to all clan wars, not just dd, to weed out the inactive clans.

Level 4

in reply to GuyPA

Now there is something me and you can actually agree on. I do wish every division had an opt in or out. And I also wish that if you opt into diamond and fail to score you should be dropped to platinum until you win there again.

Level 4

in reply to SLAYER2291

:-). Agree. I also think they should do away with the top 3 automatically staying. Make it based on % with respect to lead clan or something like that.  Competitive clans stay, ones that aren't drop back & have to regroup & work their way back up.

Level 4

in reply to MindSpazms

Actually, now that you mention it, this terrifies me.  My clan has been competitive in platinum, (3rd, 2nd, 3rd in last three wars.).  If we get flooded again with all the hardcore diamond clans, it'll be a major blowout.  I hope they stay in diamond for the leaderboard thing, but I may be looking at another long stay down in the gold division.

Level 33
Highlighted

in reply to MindSpazms

We just placed in our second diamond war and got our first diamond win (which will complete bodycount for most of our clan and give us half of warcry).  We have 3 leaders and the topic of what to do after we finish warcry has already come up.  We will likely go back to regular wars because we have new members who do not have full sets of bodycount.  This will allow those members to be more active as their schedules allow so they can earn the bodycount rather than getting a free ride so to speak.  We have found that in regular wars you can get away with less members playing at once vs diamond where you need essentially everybody participating to be competitive.

Level 6

in reply to MindSpazms

Participation tends to be the same in both. Both types of CW's tend to get around three clans who basically no-show, and three clans who try. What makes the regular clan wars 'seem' more competitive, is that 1) it's easier to score (and show activity), and 2) there's more time involved over five days.

Diamond has more firmed/fixed scheduling, but IF you can make that schedule work, you end up putting in 1/10th or less time. If things go well, you can win and essentially be done in four hours. If you smash people quickly (as most clans will quit)

Level 7

in reply to MindSpazms

Thanks to all that replied and gave your view on the topic.

Level 75

Studios