How scoring works in clan wars

Call of Duty Ghosts Clans Discussions

How scoring works in clan wars

I noticed a few people have been asking about this today (myself included)

Just chatted to Beachhead who have explained how the scoring system works in clan wars .

So to control a node you have to take it over by completing the required amount of challenges for example 12 wins

Once you own that node your clan receives the xp bonus associated with that node for as long as you hold it. If you continue to play that mode your wins go up meaning other clans have to do more work to take the node back.

If another clan "attacks" that node it DOESN'T add to their score it chips away at your wins first THEN the node is back in play and its first clan to get the required amount of wins who will then take that node.

So for example if my clan wins a node that's valued at 12 wins..

your clan needs to win 12 times to chip away our control

THEN win another 12 times to take control.

Once you own a node you can continue playing and adding to your wins obviously that then means any clan wanting to control has to chip away at your score more.

hope this helps peeps

cp - is awarded at differently depending on the node 

Level 75
28 REPLIES

Re: How scoring works in clan wars

in reply to Maccabi

That does help.  Is there a way to see how far along you are towards capturing a node?  I played several matches last night both with and without other clan members.  We might be close to capturing one of them but I really can't tell if the app is updating.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

phxs72 wrote:

That does help.  Is there a way to see how far along you are towards capturing a node?  I played several matches last night both with and without other clan members.  We might be close to capturing one of them but I really can't tell if the app is updating.

Yep although its slightly backwards due to the scoring system

you have to look at the top clans score first to see how many wins they have as they need to be knocked down then you lookm at your clans wins against the required number of wins to control the node

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Thank you mac

Level 31

in reply to Maccabi

IIs it possible to have multiple primary targets? for example HCTDM and hckc? Or do you just go into the section and change your primary target when you change what game mode you are playing ?

BTw i I really like this clan wars! It's very well set up!

cheers

Level 7

in reply to Bardygrub

Bardygrub wrote:

IIs it possible to have multiple primary targets? for example HCTDM and hckc? Or do you just go into the section and change your primary target when you change what game mode you are playing ?

BTw i I really like this clan wars! It's very well set up!

cheers

you can hold miultiple nodes at once.. as far as i can work out the primary target thing is just to let the rest of your clan know what node you want to go for

Level 75

in reply to Bardygrub

Capturing more nodes does get you more CP.  Different nodes are worth different amounts of points but I haven't figured the point structure out yet.  All I know is that in my division my clan and one other clan each have two nodes but the other clan is 2 CP ahead of us.  So I can only guess that one of their nodes is more valuable than ours.  It's probably too early to tell if holding a node gets you more points but as I think about it that other clan did have one node captured a day before we captured our two.  So that may be why they have more CPs than we do.  Maybe ... maybe not?

Level 69

in reply to Maccabi

I understand that part of the clan war, but how does CP work? We've captured a node and achieved 9 CP for doing so, but how do I get more cp? By capturing other nodes only or does holding this one for a length of time give CP too? I don't know why the scoring wasn't explained better.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to Uzi_Does_It

I believe you only get CP for getting new Nodes.

Level 3

in reply to fonz5000

Thanks a lot, can anyone confirm this?

Level 1

Studios