How scoring works in clan wars

Call of Duty Ghosts Clans Discussions

Highlighted

Re: How scoring works in clan wars

in reply to Uzi_Does_It

It would be for capturing a node (new or a re-capture).

Level 33

in reply to Uzi_Does_It

You get CP for capturing something and holding something. The holding bonus is much lower than capturing a point, so the best option is to capture a point, let the other clans bring you down to 0, and recapture the same point. Have fun

Level 3

in reply to Maccabi

I noticed that the other clan I was up against started getting a point every 2 hours or so. They were holding 4 nodes. If people start posting their observations, someone will be able to crack the other part of scoring in clan wars.

Level 1

in reply to rayray2323

I noticed this as well this morning. It's infuriating that we were not told about this as I thought my clan only needed to cap one more node to take the lead, and because of the "bonus" points the other clan is getting, now they still have the lead and I doubt my clan can jump into first. I'm not happy at all about this and it really pisses me off to no end that we were not kept up to date on how the scoring works!

Level 1

in reply to Psy4191

That holding a node CP add on has been around since the second clan war.  Beachead tweeted the change before that war started but if you weren't following them then you wouldn't know about it.  It used to be 12 points per 24 hrs but they have progressively spread it out so that you still get the 12 points over 24 hours but they are distributing it as 3 points I believe every 6 hours now.  Of course it can be a real game changer in a close war if someone holds multiple nodes.  So you have to factor that into your strategy.  That's actually how my clan broke the tie for second place in our division yesterday.  We tied them up in points but we have 3 nodes to their 1.  So we are now beating them due to the holding points.  We actually took some time yesterday to defend one of our nodes just to be sure that we would have more of them than they did even if they took another one overnight.

Level 69

in reply to Maccabi

to add to this very good post...

example.  it may take 25 wins to take domination, but the team who takes can get up to 31 wins before the bar caps out and is blinking and even if you win 5 more times, it caps you at 31 so that you cannot get so far ahead that people can't catch you.  it is said to keep the games competitive.

also, say you are competing against another clan to take 12 wins of HC KC and they get there before you do and you have 10.  well, you have to first win 12 to get the other team from 12 to 0 and once they are at 0, you start at 10 and not 0.  so, you only need 14 wins to take the node.

however, if the other clan who holds the node is still playing, it may seem like it's not working because if you win and they win and they had 12, you bring them down to 11 and then their win takes them back to 12.

Level 11

in reply to Maccabi

beachhead has put out a couple of videos on how the wars work... i got the info off of their twitter account.  i'm not exactly sure how the bonus points work but it has something to do with getting bonus points ('x' amount) per node you hold.

Level 11

in reply to Maccabi

I tweeted them and asked for a 'sticky' CW thread in this sub-forum.  I suggested that they update it in a similar way to the patch notes thread. We need a reference point for something like the CW scoring system.

Level 1

in reply to Maccabi

Appreciate it Mac. But, here is the Question I have. I am a Div Leader in a Gaming Community we been in the Platinum Div since week 2 of Clan Wars. We are currently holding every node. Do we know how many points we get every hour every two hours for holding these points. We are currently ranked first in this clan group and no way of losing it with only 3 hours left. So we get those points say HC DOM is 22 CP for catching it. How many points do you get every hour or two hours for holding these spots. We have 100 members playing beating down the competition which I would say is a very tough group. The question is how many points do we get for holding them?

Level 1

in reply to Coderednation
Level 48

Studios