How scoring works in clan wars

Call of Duty Ghosts Clans Discussions

Re: How scoring works in clan wars

in reply to Maccabi

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but.... the Clan Wars are impossible to win because there is a cheat that is being done. This is how it goes: If you enter a lobby with your clan mates (your team is full) and you have another clan mate enter the lobby being on the opposing team, either way your clan wins the match. So if you have 5 members on one team and one on the opposing team you get 6 points towards the node you are trying to capture. Right now my clan is platinum division and has no chance of winning this Clan War because the top clan has over 1,000 CP from doing this cheat. We (my clan) have decided that we are no longer doing Clan Wars because of this. What's the point? I think that there should be some kind of penalty to the clans that are doing this. Unless the problem is fixed, it will continue to happen leaving all that that play the wars no chance of ever winning it honestly.

Level 1

in reply to WAR_PIG73

I have had on occasion a clan member join a lobby and end up on the other team but it's never counted him in the win afterwards.  So I don't believe that this cheat that you are talking about is real.  Perhaps on occasion the system glitches but I've not seen it ever happen when I've played.  Granted it's not often that I find myself in this situation but for the 3 or 4 times over the last couple of months that it's happened with my clan I haven't seen wins count that shouldn't have.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

I would like to think that it doesn't but unfortunately it does. I have read posts on other forums of people complaining of the same thing. There's no other way to get that many CPs especially within the first hour of the wars starting and they have captured all the nodes. Either way it's bs that these people can get away with it (boosting/cheating). It just ruins it for everyone else.

Level 1

in reply to WAR_PIG73

I'm not saying that cheating isn't going on.  I'm just saying that they aren't doing it via the method that you've described.  Forums are rather notorious for turning theories into facts and my experience tells me that this theory is wrong.  I'm sure though that there are ways to beat the system and cheat.  I've seen nodes go down and get captured in rather blazing speed as well.  Even ones that took 70 wins just to unlock them and anther 70 wins to take them.

Level 69
Highlighted

in reply to WAR_PIG73

Stay with it. We were in second the time before this. After clan wars did a review of the winning clan they were DQ for cheating / boosting. It gave us first place. I am happy to see they are working on not letting the clans that don't follow the rules win.

Level 12

in reply to thehunan

That is good to know, thanx

Level 31

in reply to Maccabi

Good post. You're missing a couple things.

1. You get a win PER clan member who wins. For example, if you are playing with 2 other clan members and win a game, you will be awarded 3 wins. (this is why it's good to have at least 6 people in your clan so you can maximize the amount of points earned per win).

2. Your clan is awarded xp for every node in your control every few hours (I think it's 6 hours).

3. The amount of CP you get for capturing something is listed. This number goes down every time a point is captured, and goes up the longer a point remains in a clan's possession.

Helpful tip: once you capture something, go ahead and let another team bring you down to 0. You get more CP recapturing something than holding something.

Level 3

in reply to dawg_pwnd

Every 2 hrs your clan holds a spot you get 1 CP

Level 12

in reply to dawg_pwnd

Good post, you missed the part where I linked Mac's new thread with the new scoring system though.

Level 48

Studios