How the Battle Royal Should work. Ideas and Suggestions. Your opinion matters.

Call of Duty Ghosts Clans Discussions

Highlighted

Re: How the Battle Royal Should work.  Ideas and Suggestions. Your opinion matters.

in reply to Jeremysmokin420

They Don't count the wins if clan members are on opposing sides to prevent spamming. I disagree with the statement you made about not doing it at all and am a little confused because what's the point in asking for other opinions if your going to turn around and say don't do it at all when they differ from yours?  I understand that's your opinion but again,  I don't think that would be a fair or accurate depiction of a clans true ability, but is more of tournament style team play and that's not what clan wars is about.  Let me ask you this. .. If you were in a clan of let's say 50, and you didn't get picked for the primary or back up rosters, how would you feel about it then? A lot of people would feel left out.  A battle Royale should be big and grand,  not shrunken down, and not be made into pick your favorite clan members.

Also,  if clans compete in the same bracket sizes,  then a clan of 6 going up against a clan of 60 is irrelevant.

Level 9

Re: How the Battle Royal Should work. Ideas and Suggestions. Your opinion matters.

in reply to Juju8212

A clan is not about a single individual.  If I were left out of the primary and secondary, It wouldn't bother me because the clan isn't composed of just me.  If there are players that would ensure the success of the clan, even without my participation, I would be ok with it because if my clan succeeds, I succeed. As for the "may as well not do it at all" comment, it comes down to this.  They are the ones wanting to do something different, but is it truly going to be different, or are they just claiming it is going to be different? If it isn't different, then there is no reason to hold a Battle Royal at all. And that is just logically speaking. As for "They Don't count the wins if clan members are on opposing sides to prevent spamming", that is called boosting.  Not spamming.  Spamming is when a clan of 60, composing 10 full lobbies, attack the same node to ensure a capturing of a node in a matter of one game apiece(if they all win, otherwise, it may take two). Boosting would be your own clan filling a lobby of 12 and playing each other.  A win is automatic because you don't lose points for losing, but you do gain points for winning.

Like my sports metaphor, you have a basketball team, composing 30 players.  Who plays, how many plays, who are second string?  It is the same thing.  Everybody is part of the team, and everybody reaps the rewards of success as well.  A benched player will still earn a ring for their team winning the championship.

And that is what a debate is.  Opposing views coming together to either sway each others opinions towards yours, or compromising and meeting in the middle. Though, without debate, what could be great ideas dwindle into the shadows.

Level 3

Re: How the Battle Royal Should work. Ideas and Suggestions. Your opinion matters.

Thanks for letting me know the difference,  I had heard that (incorrectly) referred to as spamming previously. I'm really surprised to hear it referred to negatively like that because it is a very effective strategy.

I agree with what you said about a single individual, but I also think in most cases it's also not a single team of 6 either.  I guess it makes me think of the old saying "you're only strong as your weakest player".

I think it's great that it wouldn't bother you to be left out, but for some I'm sure it would (whether they are willing to admit it or not). I also think that picking the rosters has the potential to cause issues within clans.

I think what you're proposing would fit really well with very competitive clans but I'm not sure that it fits for everyone, especially casual clans.

I wish there were more details available on how they plan on organizing the event,  especially since we're less than a week out. I really like the idea of taking the top clans from the leader boards and placing them into brackets based on clan size and going from there.  If you're in the top 25, 50, 100, whatever number they decide then obviously your clan is active and performing well. 

I still think the true test would be to have clan vs. Clan,  not the game mode,  but rather regular lobbies so there aren't restrictions. My clan may have no problem winning in 50 lobbies full of random but might lose when we go against another clan that has the teamwork and communication aspects down like we do.

Level 9

I personally fell that BR should not be limited to a large clan and should be available to all bracket sizes ... but in order to get in you should have at least won 4 DD in 1st place to even get an invite into BR....limiting clan sizes will only cause an uproar on the community and may result in other unthinkables...also another idea would be that only the top 50 clans in DD leaderbords should be invited removing them altogether from DD and putting them into BR ....just ideas.....either way this really needs to be looled at again and give everyone a fair chance /shot at this...especially if you put blood sweat and tears intovthe game we all love ...

Level 2

in reply to jauwkit1

Platinum and up, and I would agree with you fully.

Level 3

Re: How the Battle Royal Should work.  Ideas and Suggestions. Your opinion matters.

Why would they give a BR chance to people in platinum. .it either means u don't have what it takes for diamond or just did not want to play fri sat n sun...which just shows that you wouldn't be in theright place to even compete with the clans in BR...or simply just giving the lower lvl the chance to by pass what all us DD clans have worked at ...defo not to Platinum cause they aint worked for it atall....

Level 2

in reply to jauwkit1

Not sure I agree with that statement,  a lot of people have clans that are simply to new to have the wins to get to Diamond or are choosing to get their body count gear before moving onto war cry. I do agree that you all have earned your spot,  but it shouldn't take away from the efforts of the new guy who hadn't been doing it as long, nor should it take away from those that can't participate in DD due to RL. To me a BR should be the biggest competition to find the best of the best,  not eliminating players before they even get a chance. With that said, I don't think they will include anyone other than DD the first time around.

Level 9

Seems to me that you are bashing something before you even know what it will be. The only official details on the Battle Royale are in the COD app News Feed.  The only things confirmed for Battle Royale are that it is a new type of Clan War, for Diamond Division for ALL DD clans. I don't see Beachhead reversing what they've already officially announced, so no they won't change it to a non war bracketed elimination championship like you want, or expand it to Platinum.  That doesn't mean there isn't room for your ideas. However, since what you seem to want is so different from what was announced already, I would suggest you either start a separate thread on your championship idea, or present constructive ideas using the official BR announced framework as a starting point.   

Level 23

Studios