I am having an issue with copying clan roster from cod bo2 to cod ghosts

Call of Duty Ghosts Clans Discussions

Re: I am having an issue with copying clan roster from cod bo2 to cod ghosts

in reply to Bardygrub

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252

{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .HelveticaNeueInterface-M3;}

{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red170\green170\blue170;\red255\green255\blue255;}

\deftab720

\pard\pardeftab720\sl400\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs28 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0

\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 http://goo.gl/orq1HM\

}

this is is what I get when I paste it.

Level 7

in reply to Bardygrub

WOW, yea that could be a problem. Funny part is that after all that garbage the last line does have your generated link.  I clicked it and it does take me to your clan invite page.  Doesn't have the blue dialog box (apply to clan) but that's probably because I'am already a clan leader.

Level 2

in reply to XxKILL_EM_ALLXx

I Think all the other computer crap is the box around the invite and the link it's self as I am copying the whole thing. Thanks for checking the link for me, I'll crop it and send that off to my mates. Cheers again!

Level 7

in reply to Bardygrub

Not sure why when you paste it gives you all the other computer language. Sounds like a issue with how your computer is setup. Like maybe looking at your (URL options) or (internet options) something like that. Sorry not much help in that area. I'll do some looking around on my internet options and post back if I find something. As far as the member on older elite. Not a issue, they could actually click on explore at the top left of their elite page and click on ghost and be right here.

Level 2

in reply to XxKILL_EM_ALLXx

All good did the copy and paste to email via laptop, when I clicked the link it auto put it to the clip board and when I pasted to a email it was just the link. so I think when I was copying it from the ipad I had to hold my finger down and it was copying the whole rectangle box, hence all the computer coding that was on the invite in my above posts.

Looking forward to the 5th of November so we can get the app and do all this on ipad/iphone so I don't have to dust off the old laptop!

Level 7
Highlighted

in reply to Bardygrub

Bardygrub wrote:

Oh, if the member is only signed up to the old elite, will they need to sign up to the new ghosts elite?

Yes, Elite for MW3 and BO2 will be and is different than the APP for Ghosts. Any new members that want to join your clan for Ghosts will have to apply to your Ghosts APP link. If you really wanted the new members on both Elite and the Ghosts APP then have them apply to both.

Bardygrub wrote:

Another thing is I am doing this from iPad, maybe I will try from laptop as when I copy from iPad I have to hold my finger down and wait for the copy to come up as it's not just one touch.

It seems as though you solved the problem. But I have had issues from my IPAD as well. I was using Mercury as a web browser. Use Chrome on the IPAD.

P.S. even though they stated that full clan management will not be available till Nov 5 you can still invite people and accept people in your Ghosts APP. I tried it and it works.

Level 18

in reply to mwfan55

One of my mates who is trying to join gets up to the confirm clan invite but all it does is refresh the screen. This pirticular mate is already in a bo2 clan and could not leave the original clan on the old elite site no matter what he or the clan leader did. So this may have something to do with it???

I will try to open up this site in chrome as you suggested.

Level 7

in reply to Bardygrub

Bardygrub wrote:

One of my mates who is trying to join gets up to the confirm clan invite but all it does is refresh the screen. This pirticular mate is already in a bo2 clan and could not leave the original clan on the old elite site no matter what he or the clan leader did. So this may have something to do with it???

I will try to open up this site in chrome as you suggested.

I have a whole list of things to try but lately the one thing that seems to work is having him go through MW3 Elite. Try this:

1 - Send him a clan invite via Elite.

2- Have him access Elite via the MW3 game.

3- Have him accept the Invite from MW3 Elite.

4- If above works then he should have left his old clan in Elite and Joined yours on Elite.

5- Then have him apply to your clan via the Ghosts APP

Level 18

Studios