Information on Diamond Division and link to sign up

Call of Duty Ghosts Clans Discussions

Re: Information on Diamond Division and link to si...

in reply to Maccabi

Yup, +1 hour for me, just isn't going to happen.

7chp
Likes: 27
Posts: 78

Re: Information on Diamond Division and link to si...

in reply to Maccabi

Maybe they just felt it was the EU playerbase's turn to get shafted by a start time

Bielsalmighty
Likes: 799
Posts: 2678

Re: Information on Diamond Division and link to si...

in reply to Bielsalmighty

lol Exactly

HigherGaming
Likes: 4
Posts: 64
Highlighted

Re: Information on Diamond Division and link to si...

in reply to Maccabi

The start time for each Diamond Division session was decided by active player numbers over a 4 hour period. The start or end times may not be convenient for everyone, but there is no start and end time that works for 100% of players in each region.

That said, we'll monitor the uptake on Diamond Division and if it's evident that starting and finishing later would get more involvement we'll revise it for the next sessions.

samprotagonist
Likes: 141
Posts: 73

Re: Information on Diamond Division and link to si...

in reply to samprotagonist

samprotagonist wrote:



The start time for each Diamond Division session was decided by active player numbers over a 4 hour period. The start or end times may not be convenient for everyone, but there is no start and end time that works for 100% of players in each region.



That said, we'll monitor the uptake on Diamond Division and if it's evident that starting and finishing later would get more involvement we'll revise it for the next sessions.


for uk and europe

clan ops in elite were 8pm

clan wars start 8pm

as it stands america has 2 start times, europe and the uk (not even mentioning any where else) has one

how about instead of waiting and seeing what happens ask the community now? as as it stands you have given us in europe a time when the majority of us with families, jobs ect wouldnt be able to play.

Maccabi Level 75
Likes: 4302
Posts: 15730

Re: Information on Diamond Division and link to si...

in reply to Maccabi

The percentage of Call of Duty players who comment, post, read Twitter etc is very low compared to the total number who play - hence using activity data from the game itself which represents the entire player base. We're not suggesting we've nailed it first time out, but player activity suggests it to be a good place to start.

The reason for two start times in the US versus one in Europe is the spread of timezones - a 3 hour spread (east coast vs west coast) in the US is effectively the entire Clan War period.

samprotagonist
Likes: 141
Posts: 73

Re: Information on Diamond Division and link to si...

in reply to samprotagonist

samprotagonist wrote:



The percentage of Call of Duty players who comment, post, read Twitter etc is very low compared to the total number who play - hence using activity data from the game itself which represents the entire player base. We're not suggesting we've nailed it first time out, but player activity suggests it to be a good place to start.



The reason for two start times in the US versus one in Europe is the spread of timezones - a 3 hour spread (east coast vs west coast) in the US is effectively the entire Clan War period.


I agree twitter isnt the best place, but its a start along with the forums which until today beachhead have ignored continually even though the majority of the posts are about clan wars and issues with clan wars. Twitter seems to be a good enough avenue for your to discuss every other aspect of clan wars with the community trey is constantly replying as is felix gallo at siesmic. why would it hurt you to tweet a question to the clans and ask them? its called feedback

and again player activity is a good place to start ..emphasis on a good place to START... does your player data tell you the age of the people playing? no it doesn't

now lets look at common sense

the weekend is traditional a time when people play later on , or go out because its the weekend

6pm uk is usually a time the majority of players are either eating dinner, spending time with their families or otherwise busy. It's not just the uk players europeans aren't overally happy with the 7pm start either.

you have given the americans 2 slots, yes there's a three hour window meaning East coasters have two opportunities to enter, early in the evening or later in the evening. West coasters have afternoon or early evening

Europe and uk has either depending on time zone 6/7pm   or midnight/1am or 2am/3am  this which ever way you look at it is NOT fair at all.

Simple answer give US in Europe/uk  another time slot as well I would suggest a 9pm gmt /10pm cet slot.

Again just look back at clan operations in elite.. people constantly complained about 8pm start times.

currently you have cater to adult players in america and to put it bluntly kids in europe who do not have any real life responsibilities past you decided to start the clan wars at a time traditionally when people eat dinner .

My clan who has competed in every clan war in platinum cannot enter diamond because we cant compete at those times as we all have real life commitments

We arent asking for a anything other than fairness.

Maccabi Level 75
Likes: 4302
Posts: 15730

Re: Information on Diamond Division and link to si...

in reply to Maccabi

It certainly isn't an unfair request, and it's definitely been heard, however the times for the first Diamond Division are set and they were based on the volume of all Call of Duty players playing the game in each region. Based on the feedback in this thread alone we'll be looking into alternate start times for the future, however we're already set for this first outing.

samprotagonist
Likes: 141
Posts: 73

Re: Information on Diamond Division and link to si...

in reply to samprotagonist

samprotagonist wrote:



It certainly isn't an unfair request, and it's definitely been heard, however the times for the first Diamond Division are set and they were based on the volume of all Call of Duty players playing the game in each region. Based on the feedback in this thread alone we'll be looking into alternate start times for the future, however we're already set for this first outing.


so the antarctic clan wars starts at 8pm as usual why doesnt that start at 6pm uk time?, diamond division starts at 6pm for uk.. and doesn't happen to the end of the week yet you cant change one simple thing in the space of what 4 days ? why start clan wars off excluding a large majority of the player base seems counter productive to me  , you should act on feedback proactively where possible not retroactively.

as for your previous comment about twitter and feedback, every change to clan wars has basically come from feedback from twitter and here and reddit.

but i and im sure the community does appreciate beachhead finally coming onto the forums and answering our concerns hopefully we will now see more of you guys as like i said a large majority of posts are about clan wars and issues with clan wars .

Maccabi Level 75
Likes: 4302
Posts: 15730

Re: Information on Diamond Division and link to si...

in reply to Maccabi

The people at Beachhead are fvcking idiots.

Why not just give us ALL the info? Why this hiding parts of it?

the_wrestler1
Likes: 88
Posts: 158

Studios