The Clan Motto you submitted contains an inappropriate phrase. Please try again.

Call of Duty Ghosts Clans Discussions

The Clan Motto you submitted contains an inappropr...

Why does "Where's the fire button?" constitute as "inappropriate"??? (24 characters exactly)

Along those lines, "What's this button do?" (22 characters) is flagged as inappropriate as well.

Seriously??  We're playing a killing game & they are flagging those motto's as inappropriate??

Stosh_Cowski1
9 REPLIES

Re: The Clan Motto you submitted contains an inapp...

in reply to Stosh_Cowski1

The apostrophe is the inappropriate part of it I believe. Try removing that and seeing if it saves properly.

LifeSong1

in reply to LifeSong1

That did it!!  Thanks!

You'd think they'd SAY that.  I should have known but thought the Clan registration software was smarter then that. 

Thanks to LifeSong1 and maccabi for replying!! 

Stosh_Cowski1

Glad we could help. It is odd that it doesn't say it, but it is right in align with how Beachhead gives helpful errors so no real surprise here

LifeSong1

the clan motto thing doesn't like anything but letters and numbers

Maccabi Level 75

my clan motto won't except either: not sure what it would deem inappropriate! I have no asterisks, no profanity, no commas, nothing other than my clan name 4EVR. Seriously what's up? I had problems with Elite & Activision in the past because of my gamertag: DirtySanchezCOD. Not sure if that's causing the issue but I'm not even putting my name in the Motto or anything! People relate DirtySanchez to the sexual act but that has nothing to do with my tag! My last name is Sanchez, my middle initial is D & I'm a run & gunner who loves to hipfire that's why I made the name! Nothing to do with anything sexual! 

dirtysanchezcod

in reply to dirtysanchezcod

Your intentions with your name don't make it legit to use. That is at their discretion. Either way, it probably isn't your gamertag or COD name that is causing the issue.

So you are trying to put your clan name as "4EVR"? Are you getting the "motto contains inappropriate phrase" or are you getting some other error? 

LifeSong1

in reply to LifeSong1

"motto contains inappropriate phrase" is what's coming up! Thanks for attempting to help LifeSong1. Also how do you get to expert status on here? Just curious because I always try to level up on everything that I do! I originally started NOFX on Elite: relinquished leadership to a friend because we did it together (I paid for Elite & he gave it the name) after the band that I don't even listen to! I ran things in MW3 & gave him leadership in BO2 & half of our key players left because of him & being unhappy with his attitude & his leadership! We practically got GOLD in every clan Op & challenge & were pretty we'll known! But I've choosen to move forward without any ties to the old name of NOFX (never really like the name anyhow)!   

dirtysanchezcod
Highlighted

I'm wondering if this isn't an issue with the clan name starting with a number. That is entirely a guess. Does anyone here have a clan name that starts with a number?

On a side note - Why does it say "Motto" when it should be "Clan Name"? Oh yeah...Beachhead...

As for your question about how to become an expert on the forums. It takes a lot of time to post a lot. It's a lot harder on here now as you don't earn points just for posting like you used to. To be honest it is a bit of a mystery as to how you earn points as it doesn't reward you with points like it says you do. 

LifeSong1

To further elaborate on how to reach Expert on the forums, here is the list of items that supposedly give you points (though not all of them actually do).

How to get points:

• Comment on an idea - 1
  • Comment on any content - 1
  • Create a discussion - 1
  • Create an event - 1
  • Create an idea - 1
  • Have someone follow you - 1
  • Have someone like something you posted - 1
  • Vote on an idea - 1
LifeSong1

Studios