"Improved matchmaking" & "equally skilled"

Call of Duty Ghosts Clans Discussions

Re: "Improved matchmaking" & "equally skilled"

in reply to GuyPA

When i started in my clan we started in platinum division

Level 1

in reply to VersedDragoon

Clan wars are garbage, I feel that it promotes cheating, the matchmaking has never been equal. Clan Wars Suck!

Level 3

in reply to GuyPA

Regarding the opposing clans size,

If they are in a 12 man bracket, but have 16 members, only 12 of their members can post wins in clan wars. Read here for a full explanation: Clan War Division Brackets and Roster Locks

Regarding matchmaking, clans are likey paired based not only their size, but their activity in the days before matchmaking occurs. KD is a far less valuable predictor of performance vs activity.

As to how that clan is able to cap that many nodes, proper strategy, coordination, member participation, and skill will all help any clan to dominate in most clan wars.  It could be they are simply better at clan wars in those areas. I would use it as a learning experience so as to improve and be more successful in future wars.

Level 23

in reply to jnikoley

There is absolutly no way youre paired with clans that are just as active. 95% of my clan plays every single day for hours and we are up against clans that cant even get 1 win in any mode.

Level 2

in reply to CampSauce

That doesnt necessarily mean they arent active. They simply may have no strategy or organization.

Level 23

in reply to jnikoley

How did they make it to platinum if not one person on one team can manage to win one game. Just doesnt add up. System is broken... theres no way these people are active.

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to CampSauce

i completely agree... but i will say this, your oppoents are in the same position my clan was in last war... what is the point of playing if 1 clan already has every node and there is no chance of playing?  especially if you are paired up against a clan that has a higher win %, higher kdr and puts in more hours on average?  so, we just made sure we were in 2nd or 3rd to keep us in platinum so that we could live to fight another day.

Level 11

in reply to Sledgehammer232

Very true.  However, there was a war where we had all nodes on the board, racked up a sizable lead (150-200cp).  Then, come weekend, 1 team absolutely grinded and took all nodes away from us with the double point value and easily passed us and took the win because we couldn't put the time in on the weekend to stop their momentum.  There was no other clan participating in that war other than us and the 1 other clan.

They won, but not sure it was worth their time lol.  The low win percentage teams usually join games, find out they will lose, leave, take the loss, join game, find out they will lose, leave, take loss, join game, find out they will win, take the win and points, join game, yadda yadda.  They are game searching and trying to find half finished games that they end up on winning teams.

The CW should only account for full game wins and not piggy back wins on other people's back.  I'm speaking from a smaller party type perspective here.

Level 16

in reply to Sledgehammer232

my last clan wars, 1 the other clans caped all the nodes, and as pc is pared with console in clan wars. there a big difference in the amount online.

blitz. cranked and alot other gamemodes. show 0 people playing, and after 10pm, i cvant find any gamemode other than tdm.

so thats not right to be paired with consoles. when we cant compete on the same level.

as for this clan wars. amazing that my clan all gone quiet, so ive had to it by myself. 1v8,

2 days without sleep to cap all the nodes.

Level 2

in reply to CampSauce

The people at Beachhead aren't mind readers.

And past history is not always a perfect predictor of future results.

What a clan did two weeks ago in regards to playing a lot, might not be what they do next weekend. A lot of clans break up. Some stop competing once they get the prizes. There are lots of reasons.

Level 7

Studios