red clan tag meaningless now.

Call of Duty Ghosts Clans Discussions

red clan tag meaningless now.

Since the Clan wars has started rewarding xp to the top 3 clans there has been an increase in clans with red clan tags. I think that the amount that is rewarded in clan wars is too ridiculous. A clan that is lvl 17 can win diamond division just once and get to lvl 20 something after just one war. This renders the red clan tag meaningless for other clans such as mine where we worked our a**es off playing constantly and winning games. I think that the xp reward amount should be greatly reduced by at least half the amount it is which is about 450,000 for first place in diamond division.

Level 1
30 REPLIES

Re: red clan tag meaningless now.

in reply to biggirl123

I agree, that's why my clan pushed to reach max level in early January. We got to enjoy them while they were still unique.

Level 18

in reply to mwfan55

yea that was a smart move. My clan got red kinda early, enough for it to still have been "rare".

Level 1

in reply to biggirl123

Wow Diamond must have some tremendous benefits if it's rewarding that much.  I know Platinum division 1st place doesn't reward anywhere near that amount.  In fact Platinum 1st is more like 150,000 xp.  Are you sure that Diamond is giving out that much clan xp?

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

yea im pretty sure its giving a ridiculous amount of xp, cause i know some clans that were like 23 and after this past war are now 25 maxed out, and to get just from 24 to 25 is already 350,000 xp alone.

Level 1

in reply to biggirl123

The scoring was completely different for clans this time and for those that pushed through and got red tags before anyone else hats off to you. On the same note for any clan to be able to get maxed out in January is a bit ridiculous (This is not a stab at those clans that ground it out but at the system) before the first dlc came out..MW3 and BO2 pushed it to where you could not max out till mid summer or later to keep clans involved a bit longer through the games life prior to the next cod installment. There have been a lot of flaws and for a number of them it seems that they have been listening to a degree. Which is more than we have received in the past , hopefully it goes in a positive direction .

We are level 25 now and will max it out shortly , IMO no clan should be able to reach max level before June or July.

Level 75

in reply to biggirl123

While my clan wants to get to 25 it will still take us a bit. The clan wars definitely help and IMO they help a little too much.  Here's my thoughts:

For Reference: Re: Clan War Clan XP Rewards

The post above shows how much XP is earned per clan war for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place clans.  The amounts when you get into Diamond are just outrageous.  And here's why I say that.  It is easier to have a team of 4-5 extremely dedicated players than a team of 50 dedicated players.  That team of 4-5 is more likely to win their clan wars as they are all dedicated....the team of 50 requires a lot more people to be dedicated.  What I'm getting at here is that it is much easier for smaller teams to get into Diamond division than larger teams (I'm not saying it's not possible...just harder).  I'm just not convinced that awarding a team of 4-5 players with that much XP compared to a clan of 50 players with that much XP just doesn't really seem right.  Especially since before clan wars the only way to level up your clan was to win.  Now I feel that the only time my clan actually needs to play is during a clan war as that is when you reap the greatest benefit.  Something just doesn't seem balanced with the amount of XP you earn per win and the amount of XP earned in a clan war 1-3 placement.

I do agree with OUHATEME in that very few clans should ever reach max level till 5 or 6 months into the life of the game...and for most clans probably not for 8-10 months.

Level 33

in reply to biggirl123

Hello, sorry for my bad english...

We are a french clan ZAC TEAM ELITE, and we're played very hard for win the red tag clan in january... (We're played in r&d or R&S for earned a lot of xp point). And now?

I thinks it's great If beachheadstudio can set up some new level with new color for tag clan... For example level 30 Green, level 35 pumpkin....

We play now just for the learderboard diamont, and go on the first page leaderboard. We are actually on the 3rd page on rank 29 with 308 diamont point.

I hope that there will be other things to be freed.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to biggirl123

I would say they need to give CXP rewards depending on clan size. Which they already do, to a degree. But it should be even more curved. My clan is in DD & just won first place, taking us from level 22 to the beginning of 24. We have 17 people on the roster & have played tirelessly to get to the upper levels. We would still be at 17 without previous wins. It would have taken us another 5 months at least to max out without the aid of Clan Wars. When you only have 4 people on a day adding to your CXP, maxing out becomes an almost unattainable goal. By time we would have reached it, there would be a new COD. Either way, there are still a lot of clans who don't participate in CW, or don't win amounts like we do in DD. Red tags will still be rare, if not quite so. & honestly, if you're earning a 1st place win in DD, you deserve a much larger CXP reward than even those clans in Platinum. Being the leader of my clan for years & bringing it to Ghosts, I can tell you without doubt that the amount of participation, which equals resistance to winning, is much higher in DD than it is in any other clan related activity I've been in since the inception of such things. (Excluding Gamebattles/MLG).

Level 1

in reply to Polo_tK

Polo_tK wrote:

I would say they need to give CXP rewards depending on clan size. Which they already do, to a degree. But it should be even more curved. My clan is in DD & just won first place, taking us from level 22 to the beginning of 24. We have 17 people on the roster & have played tirelessly to get to the upper levels. We would still be at 17 without previous wins. It would have taken us another 5 months at least to max out without the aid of Clan Wars. When you only have 4 people on a day adding to your CXP, maxing out becomes an almost unattainable goal. By time we would have reached it, there would be a new COD. Either way, there are still a lot of clans who don't participate in CW, or don't win amounts like we do in DD. Red tags will still be rare, if not quite so. & honestly, if you're earning a 1st place win in DD, you deserve a much larger CXP reward than even those clans in Platinum. Being the leader of my clan for years & bringing it to Ghosts, I can tell you without doubt that the amount of participation, which equals resistance to winning, is much higher in DD than it is in any other clan related activity I've been in since the inception of such things. (Excluding Gamebattles/MLG).

I think we agree that there should be CXP rewards and that DD should be higher than Platinum which should be higher than Gold etc.  However, when rewards are higher than any given clan level then I think the rewards are a bit too high.  They should definitely be there to help level up your clan, but the amount they are giving right now seems excessively high.  450K for winning DD when only 350K is required to go from 25 to 25 Max. The amount you earn was the point of this thread, not that you earn them in the first place.

Level 33

Studios