red clan tag meaningless now.

Call of Duty Ghosts Clans Discussions

Re: red clan tag meaningless now.

in reply to LifeSong1

Lifesong, clearly you're not taking my point. I agreed it may be excessive,  but my (not so hard to identify) point was that the CXP reward is making the prospect of leveling out much more attainable,  which boosts everyone's incentive to play. That's BH's main purpose, & they're doing a wonderful job at it by giving out the CXP numbers they do.

Level 1

in reply to Polo_tK

But boosting it too high may cause them to lose incentive to play even earlier too as you reach max clan level 3-5 months into the game and you still have 7-9 months left to play the game at which point you are already max prestige, you already got your clan to level 25, you've already won a lot of the Clan War achievements. Some of this should take longer for most clans to reach. As I mentioned, we agree that the bonus should exist but I personally believe the reward is a bit too big for some of the divisions.

Level 33

in reply to biggirl123

i disagree.

it's march, 4 months post game and i'm at 9th prestige and my clan is at level 20.  i will likely reach max prestige soon but my clan probably won't for a while.  by the time we do then the next cod will come out.  and i rarely see red clan tags.  since monday, i've played2 hours a night and haven't seen 1.  last weekend i played cw and maybe saw 10 out of thousands of players.  i feel the % of players you see with red clan tags is still small.

your title is that they're meaningless, which is where i disagree.  they are not meaningless.

Level 11

in reply to biggirl123

In my opinion, there should NOT be any clan xp rewards at all from your placement in clan wars.

Level 18
Highlighted

in reply to mwfan55

Out of curiosity...why not? They don't have to be big rewards like they are now but why wouldn't you want some level of reward for what you are doing other than just an emblem most people will won't use?

Level 33

in reply to LifeSong1

LifeSong1 wrote:

Out of curiosity...why not? They don't have to be big rewards like they are now but why wouldn't you want some level of reward for what you are doing other than just an emblem most people will won't use?

Because Red clan tags need to be earned, not given. At this point when a clan is given 250k - 350k it's rediculous. I monitor several clan and some of them don't even rack up 20k in clan xp within a week. They just play the clan war and level up that way.

Red clan tags should signify the dedication and team work involved in daily gaming. The emblems and body count should signify your accomplishment during a clan war. Keep them separate to show which clans are active and which ones are not.

Level 18

in reply to mwfan55

The only way my clan gets xp is in clan wars , we don't get xp anymore for playing together (does anyone) so how else

would we level up ?

Level 5

in reply to biggirl123

Lifesong said

The post above shows how much XP is earned per clan war for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place clans.  The amounts when you get into Diamond are just outrageous.  And here's why I say that.  It is easier to have a team of 4-5 extremely dedicated players than a team of 50 dedicated players.  That team of 4-5 is more likely to win their clan wars as they are all dedicated....the team of 50 requires a lot more people to be dedicated.  What I'm getting at here is that it is much easier for smaller teams to get into Diamond division than larger teams (I'm not saying it's not possible...just harder).  I'm just not convinced that awarding a team of 4-5 players with that much XP compared to a clan of 50 players with that much XP just doesn't really seem right. "

You touched upon something that is kind of a dirty topic around here. This is supposed to be a CLAN WAR.....and why are certain groups even being counted as a 'clan'?

I know Beachhead wants to be inclusive to all player types and categories, but it's a bit ridiculous and stupid. The spirit of the competition is 'clan vs clan', and the breakdown of the ClanWars is supposed to be about organization, teamwork, coordination, battle tactics and everything else...all the stuff that makes CW's work when it's playing right. But there is absolutely nothing clan war'ish about six guys competing as a six person clan. It's dumb.90% of what the big clans are doing, that makes it thrilling, hard, fun, and everything else..... is completely bypassed by a bunch of bros running around with one group of six. Dumb, dumb, and dumb.

I don't mean to be rude, but these small XBL or PS 'parties' should just be dumped from the rankings and eliminated. If you want to be a clan, then become a clan. Do the work. As it is, it's a bunch of clown groups running around competing in clown classifications. 6v6 size, 8v8 size. 10 vs 10 size. Please. Give me a break, as 90% of the whining on these boards are those smaller clown clans who then complain because their 8 people were outmatched by a group of 9. Get rid of them. I say that on firm ground, because we (our clan) routinely go into EVERY single clan war outgunned in participation ratios.

IMHO, seeing how the above won't happen, Beachhead should at least  ramp up those bonus points to larger size clans even more to chase away some of these silly clown clans. I wouldn't give any bonus points to any group below 25. 26 to 46, give them +5 pts. And give +15 pts to any groups that go 46 to 100 (the Heavyweight classification size BH is currently using). You want to run a six person 'clan' to manipulate the rules, you are going to be punished in the rankings. Six people is not a clan.

If you look at the leaderboards, there are like 5,700 clans who have scored points. Probably another 5,500 or so that have been shut out. Around 11,000 so in all. It's my estimate that there are probably only around 750 that are actual, real clans. Probably 90% of those 'clans' are just a couple guys running around in some silly 5 person group.

Level 7

in reply to the_wrestler1

Some stats would be nice to see in regards to how many clans are in each bracket and how big each of the top 100 clans are...

Level 33

in reply to the_wrestler1

Who are you to say how many people constitutes a clan? It may be much easier for small sized clans to get wins, but saying they should be "dumped" from rankings is ignorant af. Like I said earlier in this thread, the CXP reward should be dependent on the size of the clan, but you can't just completely take away their right to form clans at whatever size an individual sees fit.

While you are entitled to your opinion, it seems to me like you're not thinking it through or are letting personal vendettas guide your out look on such things.

This should be it's own thread considering 75% of responses do not pertain to red clan tags, lol.

Level 1

Studios