why did my clan get downranked from platinum to silver?

Call of Duty Ghosts Clans Discussions

Re: why did my clan get downranked from platinum to silver?

in reply to Bielsalmighty

Just send Beachhead Studios a tweet, will let you know what they answer!

Level 1

in reply to xX_Jaspero_Xx

Ok, I hope they answer. They are probably inundated though so you may need to be persistent. Try ATVI Assist as well.

Level 31

Tweeted them as well, hope to get an answer back asap.

Anybody else having the same problem (being put in too low division and/or switching division during a clan war)? Wondering how many people/clans are having this problem right now...

EDIT:

Got this tweet back from ATVI support, they just refer me to the clan wars faq: that article may help answer some questions. ^BM

Not much info on that page unfortunately, only about the first placement weekend. Asked them how placement is done, waiting for their answer, will post as soon as I get (and read) it! On the comments section on that page, by the way, I found someone saying that your placement is determined by your results from your last clan war and he said it was confirmed by Activision, but I'm not sure if he's right and if it is ONLY determined by this or also by other factors (like w/l or k/d).

Level 1

in reply to xX_Jaspero_Xx

Cool cool. Good to hear you got a response

Level 31

Also send them (ATVI support) this tweet:

Tnx, is it true that your placement is determined by the results of the previous clan wars, or also by other factors?

Got this response:

as far as we know that is how placement is determined. ^BM

Nothing from Beachheadstudio yet though, but I guess the downranking was an error after all, I'm still in Platinum

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to LifeSong1

LifeSong1 wrote:

My only assumption is that it is based on recent activity. If your recent activity was quite low the last few days (or lost a lot more often) then it's possible that you got ranked lower. For the first one or two wars you may have been a lot more active and winning a lot more and thus during the "placement period" (whatever that is) it may have ranked you higher.

This statement is not an assumption, it is correct. Your division placement has NOTHING to do with how you did in a clan war. It is based on WINS and how active your clan is. After a clan war, many clans stop playing as a team, which in turn their clan activity drops, and wins drops.

After a clan war, another placement takes place based on how active your clan is and how many wins you earn. No one knows the formula or what the cut off is for wins is for a size of a clan. Best advise, keep playing as a team, keep trying to level up your clan, and keep winning.

Level 18

in reply to mwfan55

But do you also know when exactly that placement takes place?

Level 1

in reply to chasonnn_

Wouldnt mind knowing the answer either. To me if you won your division clan war you should only be able to move up. After the last clan war we pretty much shut down on multiplayer . We did go to town with the double Xp on extinction though , so if it's just being online and playing I don't know. maybe played a handful of multiplayer games but that's about it. 

Level 75

Studios