why did my clan get downranked from platinum to silver?

Call of Duty Ghosts Clans Discussions

why did my clan get downranked from platinum to silver?

why'd our clan get downgraded from platinum to silver, we've won all of our clan wars.):

Level 1
17 REPLIES

Re: why did my clan get downranked from platinum to silver?

in reply to chasonnn_

you earned too many body count patches............ for every one you win, you get a higher chance of being deranked

Level 3

in reply to kmac1999

I've never heard of this? Source pl0x!

Level 31

in reply to Bielsalmighty

haha, I completely made this up, but Beachead Studios may want to allow other clans to have a chance to rank up in division. I have no idea how this works

Level 3

in reply to chasonnn_

this is pretty obvious information

Level 3

in reply to chasonnn_

We finished 3rd in Platinum and got bumped to Gold. But on a positive note we are wearing the gold division out.

Level 2

in reply to chasonnn_

My clan has the same problem, we won the first clan war in Gold and the second one in Platinum, now we're placed in Bronze?!

A clan war is much less awesome when you know you can't unlock those cool body count stuff, as that is where I play for. Guess we're gonna have to play for some other achievements...

If kmac1999 is right that would be really unfair, if sub-divisions are indeed based on clan skills then every clan has (almost) the same chance of winning, right?

Level 1

in reply to chasonnn_

My only assumption is that it is based on recent activity. If your recent activity was quite low the last few days (or lost a lot more often) then it's possible that you got ranked lower. For the first one or two wars you may have been a lot more active and winning a lot more and thus during the "placement period" (whatever that is) it may have ranked you higher.

This is just a thought and is not official. We don't know the algorithm used to determine placement and thus we are left in the dark on this one.

Level 33

in reply to LifeSong1

I also thought of that, but except for monday and tuesday I've been quite active over the last week. I've played a lot of TDM and won about 50-75% of my matches with an average k/d of 1.69, so it's not like I played like a noob in the week before the clan war, at least, not bad enough to end up in Bronze division.

Maybe it was an error in the Call of Duty app. Right now it says I'm in Platinum (instead of Bronze) and the list of clans from my subdivision hasn't changed. However, I'm not sure which of the two divisions is the right one, it's also possible that moving to Platinum was an error and maybe I'm still in Bronze... With this crappy app you never know what's right and what's wrong, I just hope that I really am in Platinum so I can get that body count mask, we're already at 57cp after about 2 hours (all other clans still at 0) so we should be good in that case

Anybody else suddenly changed from division during the clan war as well?

Level 1

in reply to xX_Jaspero_Xx

Contact @Beachheadstudio on twitter, or ATVIassist and see if you can get some clarification on the matter.

Level 31

Studios