Anyone else on the Scorpion is OP bandwagon?

Call of Duty Ghosts Extinction

Anyone else on the Scorpion is OP bandwagon?

So before anything let me just say I really don't have a problem with most of the buffs. I get making a rhino have a lot more health because they want to emphasize how strong it is and when it takes about 80 rounds of a death machine to kill one then it's not really a threat. Idk if hunters got buffed and I really don't have a problem with any hives, but it's the gawd dan scorpions that are just crazy. Not only do they have an acid pool after their shots hit, but their shots can follow you and if they brush your pocket you lose a quarter health with damage relic on.

I'd be fine with the acid pools and shots following me but they do way too much damage. They've become the most dangerous creature IMO, even though those phantoms up close can wreck. I'm in the top 180 in kills and had a top 40 solo nightfall placement for a while there so I think I've played enough to have a credible opinion. I'd rather have a good scorp buff over the breeder glitch, medal reverse fix, 3 marked alien glitch, or any other issue that I can just deal with. Anyways what are other people's thoughts?

Level 2
22 REPLIES

Re: Anyone else on the Scorpion is OP bandwagon?

in reply to BLACKHORSE05

Scorpions are def OP, but I think it's more because the numbers they come in, and how they act. Hunters come in bigger numbers, but they are much easier to shoot while running around, scorpions are a little more out of the way, so less of them get killed (team games).

Level 20

in reply to SevenThug

Bizarrely, the most annoying thing about Scorpions isn't the fact it takes half of your health when their gas hits you directly. It isn't the gas cloud that lingers for what seems like an eternity. None of those... It's the fact they jump about like crazy, going into locations you can't see them or shoot them. When there are 7 or 8 of them doing this and you're looking up to try kill them and then BAM they have gone out of sight, you look back and find there to be 10 hunters at your feet, or worse, a Phantom or rhino lol.

Level 36

in reply to Stinky666

Yeah I'm worrying about getting chased by hunters a rhino and a phantom and then there's a hunter on the drill tearing it up ridiculously fast and now I've got 8 scorps trying to snipe me because I haven't had time to pick any of them off. I can deal with the damage they do without relics, but with the relic it's a bit of a jump

Level 2

in reply to BLACKHORSE05

Its amazing how quickly trophys and hypno knives are worth their weight in gold now! in POC you could breeze through the 14 hives and never really need either but in NF the number of attackers and the strength of the waves coming at you are harder. When I get into a party we try to save the search boxes for after we buy weapons since the attachments are valuable and usually the first 2 if not 3 challenges can usually be completed with melee and some armor tossed or box ammo for the pistol kills challenge. We also try to divy up the attachments according to class and not what would like on your gun. Rapid fires, red dots and holo sights on LMGS, scopes and grips on AR's for longer range power. The custom vector is good from a locker but without an SMG challenge I prolly wouldn't suggest buying it or wasting attachments on it. MTS255.....custom is ok but blah after the first round really but still better than your pistol for sure! Just try to always have your tact slot filled with something!

Level 8
Highlighted

in reply to PugnaxAlbere

Again I use 5 relics so I can't use weapons and you have to be wise with your trophies you can't just use em when you get em you have to save them. POC is pretty simple but NF's spitters are a pain

Level 2

in reply to BLACKHORSE05

I've seen no difference with the Scorpions.  When not using any relics, I can still take them out really quickly with my AK.  For the second barrier hive, make sure you focus on killing them quickly if you don't want the rhinos to show up. 

Level 5

in reply to DeadStar7

an AK, so obviously you play POC and have no idea where I'm coming from. I have no problem beating POC, I've escaped 60 times with 51 plats so I don't need advice thanks, it's beating NF with 5 relics that I'm having difficulties with.

Level 2

in reply to BLACKHORSE05

Yep.  I've got a PS3, so I haven't played NF yet.  Post-update people were saying on the PS3 that the Scorpions are harder.  That's what I was referring to.  If you are having difficulties using 5 relics, then you do need advice, thanks.  Don't be so suck at the game and you'll be able to do it.    I hope this helps.

Level 5

in reply to DeadStar7

wait wait wait if I'm having trouble using 5 relics so I need advice? Sorry but like you said you haven't played nightfall yet and if you haven't read what I've been saying, only 2 people have beaten it legit with 5 relics on solo. I'm rank 16 solo (13 if you don't count the boosters) I don't think I need advice about a POC barrier hive lol thanks tho

Level 2

Studios