Boot for Inactivity?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts Extinction

Boot for Inactivity?

I was playing a Point of Contact game yesterday with a team of 4, and we were doing pretty good.  One of our players went AFK shortly after the second barrier hive, something I didn't really notice for a while.  It wasn't an issue until we destroyed the final hive and had to activate the nuke, which we were unable to do because the guy was still AFK.  As no aliens spawned in, we were left with a game which could not be ended, resulting in everyone backing out after an unsuccessful search for propane tanks to blow the guy up. 

Why is there no inactivity regulation in extinction?  In MP, I get booted if I stand there inactive for one minute.  This guy was inactive for 43 minutes! 

How should this issue be addressed?  I think a vote kick system could be abused to easily, and I don't know why no inactivity regulation is present in this mode.

Feel free to share what you think would be a good solution.  If you have a similar story to mine, feel free to share that too.

Level 33
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Boot for Inactivity?

in reply to gramthenOOb
Solution
‎10-06-2014 04:57 PM

i could agree that if inactive for so much time then the option to vote to kick could be enabled. That may help prevent abuse by not enabling to option unless they were truly inactive for a given amount of time and only those active get the chance to vote .

Level 75
17 REPLIES

in reply to gramthenOOb

There's been other similar post; I believe many agree with this.

There definitely should be a time limit on inactivity after which time you are kicked out of the game.

Level 22

in reply to gramthenOOb

That sucks...happened to me long ago...we were all kind of laughing that the guy was afk the whole game till we went to set the nuke..then DOLT- face palm.....I would agree to kick someone say after 5 minutes of inactivity.

Level 23

in reply to gramthenOOb

I Actually see a lot of gamers do that mostly on weekend nights

i I will tell you why they do this becuz a friend of mine was doing it

every weekend he sets his loadout to max relics

tthan starts up a game and leaves controller down

goes to sleep wakes up in morning and he ranks up sometimes nearly a whole prestige

being inactive ingame you still get all scoring with out touching controller

all bonuses etc relic score etc etc

games ends, your in lobby again with new people

cycle starts again.

NOw this this samething happen to me on POC once

sso learnt if I see someone not touching their controller after 1st area I back out

Level 2

in reply to oBLUEo

That's just exploiting the game. I'd laugh if his console overheated.

Level 28

in reply to GetChilledOut

That's a flaw with the ranking system.  It allows you to piggyback off of your teammates contributions, and is something I never really considered.  Good one BLUE!

Level 33

in reply to gramthenOOb

% minutes would be a good time, sometimes a teammate tells you that their gonna drop the kids off real quick so you don't plant yet.

Level 15

in reply to gramthenOOb

maybe a vote to kick option pops up after inactive for so long but then all they have to do is put a rubber band around controller but something should be done about inactivity

Level 1

in reply to gramthenOOb

I'd like to see a kick option for both ingame or lobby. People shouldnt have to back out just to avoid the trash players.

Level 2

in reply to gramthenOOb
Solution
‎10-06-2014 04:57 PM

i could agree that if inactive for so much time then the option to vote to kick could be enabled. That may help prevent abuse by not enabling to option unless they were truly inactive for a given amount of time and only those active get the chance to vote .

Level 75

Studios