EXPLOSIVE VS ARMOR PIERCING?

Call of Duty Ghosts Extinction

Re: EXPLOSIVE VS ARMOR PIERCING?

in reply to Stinky666

Quick reload is 3 upgrades, 4 skill points to obtain it

Level 23

in reply to Thanat0s_ZA

I run explosives and ask everyone else to use it as well in order for it to stack better.

I let my sentrys deal with the rhinos.

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to Thanat0s_ZA

i run fire for hives and have one person run ap for rhino's other than that explosive is the all around ammo used for scouts scorpions ext.

Level 6

in reply to Thanat0s_ZA

Even the scouts have armor plating right on their forehead.  If you can hear the clinck see the sparks and yellow armor symbol than you are hitting armor

Level 1

in reply to Thanat0s_ZA

I've got horrible aim but I refuse to ever run with explosive ammo.

Level 13

in reply to Thanat0s_ZA

I always use incendiary, Armor piercing is really only good for the Rhino and usually the sentries will take them out pretty quick, It is nice to have one person with armor piercing and throw out right before rhino appears or whenever there is a rhino.  Explosive seems to do less damage, although does a little damage to anything near by, it does less damage than any ammo with a direct hit.  The only time cryptids are close to each other enough where the exposive would be valuable is if you are getting over run and they are all over you.  Otherwise, Incendiary is the way to go.  It does the most damage since it continues to burn and damage if you move on to another.  Plus does a lot more damage to barriers in POC.  Everyone has their preference though, just with most I have played with, we all have incendiary and sometimes one person runs armor piercing for Rhino.  Usually they don't upgrade it though, because you don't need much, once you take the rhino down you go back to Incendiary. 

Level 6

in reply to Thanat0s_ZA

Was a bit confused until I saw the date of the first posts. Explosive is garbage since they nerfed it back around March IIRC, it was great before the nerf though. I used equip Incendiary before the nerf for the barrier hives and people would whine in lobbies for me to switch to explosive even though I wasn't putting any points into it and was always the armor or feral guy.

Blew a lot of people's minds when they saw you could take down the first barrier hive in 10-15 seconds.

As for armor piercing I have always hated the stuff. The damage over time from incendiary's burn damage is far more useful than AP IMHO, especially against scorpions and seeders that will jump out of your line of fire. When they leave your field of fire or you have to reload you're still doing damage with incendiary.

Level 9

in reply to ORourke27

Couldn't agree more

Level 2

in reply to Thanat0s_ZA

Ever since explosive ammo had its nerf and reduced its explosive radius, it became a less popular ammo type to run. many enjoy AP due to lack of need to aim in designated areas in order to reduce armoured plates being shot.

Level 22

in reply to Thanat0s_ZA

Takes 1 bullet less for Ap ammo versus Explosive on scouts that takes around 4 average.

Level 1

Studios