Extinction Vs Zombies: Which do you prefer?

Call of Duty Ghosts Extinction

Extinction Vs Zombies: Which do you prefer?

If you were fortunate enough to play both game modes then explain why you prefer one more so than the other. And for those of you that are interested feel free to checkout the corresponding video link listed below as I explain why I prefer one game mode over the other.

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk-xx14ROY4

Check out what others are saying in the Black Ops 2 forum.

Forum Link: http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200878243

Level 1
21 REPLIES

Re: Extinction Vs Zombies: Which do you prefer?

in reply to Born_Strategist

I did play both with decent players who were committed to that mode,

I like Extinction far better for the fact it's got a challenge ,skill reward, it's more enjoyable & social, & the story line I like better.

Zombies had some things that were similar but in all ,even in a party I found it a struggle to complete or pointless getting to level 20+,

Extinction all the way & can't wait for the next instalment on PS4 , I had all the Zombie DLC & just couldn't commit

Level 23

Good Video.  I prefer Extinction to Zombies, probably for the reasons you don't like it. 

1.     The game has a campaign feel to it.  The game has a start, a story and and end.

2.     I like how you pick your class, and your class choice affects how you play the game.  It allows for a more personalized  

experience than Zombies.

3.     I like how progressing through the rounds gives you skill points you can spend to make your character better.  I find this a

better system then the Zombies perk system.  If you go down you loose all of your perks.

All this being said, I still enjoy Zombies.

Level 4

At the moment I still like Zombies better but I do really like the direction that Extinction is going.  It offers something different and as the story develops, I'm getting more into it.  I think that the story is a lot of what I like about Zombies as well.

Level 69

extinction

Level 18

I like zombies the easter egg songs the community (Let's face it the extinction community sucks) But extinction wins it for me due to the fact i can win endless rounds are good until about 30 or so.

Level 8

i prefer extinction because of the following (very similar to techie519):

1.  there is an objective to each mission, not just an endless wave of enemies to kill.  because of this, there is a great sense of accomplishment the first time you finish a mission (escape, defeat the breeder / kraken, etc)

2.  team playing is strongly encouraged with the use of the different classes.  even if playing solo, you have to change your strategy (even a little bit) depending on the class you choose. 

3.  the map / objective also vary enough to warrant the different classes. 

4.  there is a more compelling story. i like watching the intel and reading the different theories online in forums such as these.

Level 5

@ & @  have both nailed my sentiments as well.  Extinction all the way.

Zombies I found boring as it becomes - run around in circles & build a big chain ... then kill.  Do it again, and again, and again ... how high of a found can you get?  Yes there are buildables & easter eggs & stuff like that ... but it's not really the same.

Extinction has an end goal, natural progression, an objective.  It has a bigger scope in classes / play-style.  I could go on, but most of it has already been mentioned by the two I referenced.

Level 6

Although both game modes are fantastic and have caused me to sink crazy amounts of time into both, I do lean towards zombies over extinction.

1. Zombies has a skill based ranking system, which prevents players from riding on their teammates.

2. Zombies doesn't feel forced.  Enemies can be more controlled, allowing for more strategic play.

3. Zombies feels more free.  I am not forced into following the set story if I don't want to.

4. Zombies has musical easter eggs (nuff said)

5. Zombies allows you to succeed based on your personal abilities, and not if your teammate is good or bad at throwing ammo.

6. The mystery box (yep)

I could go on, but I could also make the same amount of arguments about extinction.  It's personal preference, and for me, that's zombies.

Level 33

I love both game modes. In fact, they are the only reason I buy cod titles. Right now I enjoy extinction the most because it's newer. The story is really good and I'm not one to care about that sort of thing. The zombies stoyline was such a convoluted mess, I didn't even try to learn it. With the way origins easter egg ended, I was probably right to do so. The one thing I wish extinction would adapt from zombies is the ability to PAUSE SOLO AND LOCAL GAMES, DO YOU HEAR ME IW? At this point I would take pausing on local games only and be happy. I can't imagine any good reason why that couldn't happen.

Level 9

Studios