In solo matches, pressing the Start button (on the controller) does not pause the game.

Call of Duty Ghosts Extinction

In solo matches, pressing the Start button (on the controller) does not pause the game.

As stated above, during solo matches, if the player presses the Start button on their controller the game continues and nothing pauses. I see no reason for this to be so. Since only one player can enter and play solo matches, it is evidently not an issue in regards to someone joining while the match is in progress.

My reasons for posting this are because it's lack of presence proves bothersome when the player has to pause for whatever reason and because there's seemingly no reason behind lacking this addition. It's also to raise awareness and hopefully capture the attention of Infinity Ward so that they may add this into the game.

Level 4
19 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: In solo matches, pressing the Start button (on the controller) does not pause the game.

in reply to DavetheDisturbing

I believe this is intentional as it is somewhat of a controversy in zombies.  The rationale was why should a solo player be able to pause the game while co-op players can not? 

Especially since other players can join these games at any point I can see where they are coming from.  They are leveling the playing field.

All that said, I'm still not sure what I think about it.  My daughter approached me needing help with her homework before I destroyed the first hive so I tried to pause it, realized I couldn't, then quit and noticed that 5 second game counted in the stats.  That kind of crap will really throw off kills/game, downs/game, etc.

On a positive note, though, it may help with rage quitting.  

Level 22

Re: In solo matches, pressing the Start button (on the controller) does not pause the game.

in reply to LORD_GRRR

LORD_GRRR wrote:

I believe this is intentional as it is somewhat of a controversy in zombies.  The rationale was why should a solo player be able to pause the game while co-op players can not?

If that is indeed the rationale behind the lack of this addition, then it proves a childish one. There is no benefit to doing so as now they'll simply incur the wrath of those who cannot pause their game.

LORD_GRRR wrote:

Especially since other players can join these games at any point I can see where they are coming from.  They are leveling the playing field.

Actually, this doesn't prove correct unless you are in a custom match. Solo match lobbies read "1/1 players" in the bottom right corner and cannot be joined in progress.

Level 4

in reply to LORD_GRRR
Do people actually care about kills/game, downs/game, lol thats just sad most of them people boost so the stats are fake or they remake an xbox account its funny how desperate they are all the while im almost at 70000 kills and i dont give a crap about kills/game, downs/game,
Level 4

in reply to ANGEL0FTERR0R

I fail to see how this post is relevant to this topic. Nobody wants to have to quit their entire Extinction match just because they need the toilet, or to let someone in etc, that's all I'm saying, coupled with the fact that previous CoD titles had pause functionality.

Level 4

But mother you can't pause an online game!!

Level 2

in reply to CobraShikari

That's certainly true now, however pausing an online solo game of Zombies is possible, and from memory, so is Survival in MW3, provided you're playing solo (I may be mistaken in regards to Survival, but no matter).

Level 4

im pretty sure this is extinction....

Level 4

in reply to ANGEL0FTERR0R

So what? It's a single-player mode (I'm referring to solo matches here) and each previous CoD title with horde modes had pause functionality in single-player, therefore it is a step backward to not have such functionality. If you're in the middle of a match and something else requires your attention out of the blue (therefore it was okay to start the game as it wasn't pre-planned) then the last thing you want is to stop that game and start over again.

Level 4

To be honest its never bothered me if i got something to do i just quit and go do it. This isnt zombies there isnt a round 50 or anything dude its pretty simple. unless you care about stats or something

Level 4

Studios