In solo matches, pressing the Start button (on the controller) does not pause the game.

Call of Duty Ghosts Extinction

Re: In solo matches, pressing the Start button (on the controller) does not pause the game.

in reply to ANGEL0FTERR0R

It's fine that it doesn't bother you, but it will and does bother many other people.
It may not be Zombies, but they are still both time-consuming modes, with Extinction also being able to be played for extended periods of time if so desired.
It's more about not wanting to start again and go through something that would feel boring in comparison to where you were at, e.g. reaching the final hive only to have a Jehovah's Witness at the door (or another example of something you need to pay attention to suddenly, like the fire alarm go off for no reason). If you were to quit the game just to answer the door or whatever, you're less likely to want to start the game up again.

Level 4

Re: In solo matches, pressing the Start button (on the controller) does not pause the game.

in reply to DavetheDisturbing

I realise that but it wasnt fair for leaderboards when people were making it to rounds 100+ gaining thousands and thousands of kills. Then pausing going to tea coming back then going camping coming back to round 200 then going to bali for a week and coming back for round 5000000 shit was ridiculous dude im glad its gone however i hate how if i d/c my kills dont count no autosave sux

Level 4

in reply to ANGEL0FTERR0R

Unless those people were glitching, I see no issue with what they're doing. If they have the time, the Internet and patience to play the game that way, it's fine, especially since camping is a strategy. Perhaps a limited pause function is required to combat this, but a lack of any pause feature has caused more harm than good. especially since Extinction has a nuke timer (preventing infinite camping) and usually sends in aliens that are too powerful if you've stayed in an area for too long, both of which make the issue described above lessen in its severity in this mode.
I understand there is/are a/some small benefit/s to a lack of pause functionality, but I feel the cons have outweighed the pros.

Level 4

Ya it is something I find myself doing a lot. Going to pause and not being able to.
Level 2

But Extinction has an ENDING. So how does being able to pause benefit solo players in any way? Why is there not a pause button for solo? I personally think it was IW's thinking that more people would play Co-Op than solo if they leave out the pause function.

Level 4
Highlighted

in reply to KaviD

It doesn't matter if there's an ending or not. So does campaign. So does Origins in Black ops 2. So does most other games that have an ending. But you can still pause it. I honestly think this is just a mess up that they need to fix. You're playing by yourself. You should have every right to pause the game if you're playing by yourself. I refrain myself from playing extinction now cause you can't pause solo. Even at this moment, I'm not going to play it cause I'm afraid something will come up and I have to pause it but that won't be an option.

Level 6

in reply to KaviD

KaviD wrote:

So how does being able to pause benefit solo players in any way?

Solo players benefit from a pause feature in several ways. Some notable examples are unexpected visitors knocking on the player's door during a match; a fire alarm activating without decent reason; requiring a sudden break to the bathroom and unexpected phone calls; as you can see, none of these are the player's fault, yet are things that may occur. Whether the mode was conceived with co-operational play at the forefront or not, that's irrelevant to the issue, as they knowingly made a full "Solo Match" option in the main menu, complete with details mentioning how only one player can be present ("1/1 players", to quote writing in the Solo Match lobby itself); therefore lacking pause functionality, which has been present in the game's Campaign mode and in all previous Call of Duty horde-esque modes, is quite detrimental to the game and the experience it offers. It has more pros than cons (if any) and therefore would only serve as a positive addition to Call of Duty Ghosts.

Level 4

Every time I play, I get to the end and what do you know? I either have to take a really big dump or a long pee...so I agree that there should be a pause button even in co-op.

Level 1

I know this isn't a perfect solution for when you have unplanned interruptions (postman at the door or something) but between each act of the game you have unlimited* time before aliens spawn. Also, you can cut doors without it affecting this.

So before kicking off the first hive (and like I said, you can do the two doors in the first section) you can wait as long as you want*. After the tentacle and dealing with the door in the corridor (Rhino bit if co-op, seeder/phantom if solo) you can search all you want, open the two doors and take as much time as you want* on a toilet break or whatever just so long as you don't do a hive. The same for the sections on the upper deck and the lab area..

* I've only tested this by leaving it for about 3 hours.. so I think I'm safe putting "unlimited" time

Level 14

yes   someone on the phone.

the doorbel rings.   i need to pee.

little things you want to pause the game for.

I can't plan to be left alone for 1 hour.  (to end a  game you need 1 our)

make it possible .  just a few times in a game.

it would help us a lot.

Level 2

Studios