Joining Friend's Game

Call of Duty Ghosts Extinction

Joining Friend's Game

How do you feel when a friend joins you mid-game? I will always send a message asking if I may join only bc I don;t wanna be "that guy" that joins at the worst time ever and mess up their game.

Level 13
12 REPLIES

Re: Joining Friend's Game

in reply to roblair

If your on my FL i don't care if you get a free escape

Level 8

in reply to roblair

I do the same, because not only could you mess the flow of the game they may also be helping someone do a high relic run and I wouldn't want to be responsible for messing that up, I'd rather wait it out and get an invite

Tracy | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to roblair

"My name's Retro and I'm a session joiner."

*Small round of applause*

"Thank you for sharing that with the group Retro."

Yes, guilty as charged. I do session join friends. However, I don't join with 10 relics active unlike some on my FL (I need to have a clean up of those that do.) Extinction games can take some time to complete. Messages I send can't be read whilst it's all kicking off mid game. Some even have their notifications turned off. I have just sat like a plum watching their progress on the Xbox guide menu before. I like to think that if I do join a friends game, that I will be of use. I usually make a joke out of it. Most are happy to see me join. Of course, I would leave if asked but I don't think I ever have been. 

Level 13

in reply to RetroDaddio

There are a few decent players on my friends list, including yourself, who I'm quite happy to have join session in progress, personally I don't do it as I'm still not 100% sure when you lot are playing for fun or doing relic runs,  that's why I sit there twiddling my thumbs after sending messages

in reply to tracy

I'd say that 95% of the time I'm playing for fun. Relic runs are usually set up as a custom game (2-3 players max sometimes.) You wouldn't be able to join those anyway. Feel free to join otherwise!

Level 13

in reply to RetroDaddio

There have been a few occasions when someone has forgotten to turn off join session in progress (mentioning no names), so sending messages before hand as saved me ruining their game, but I will definitely bear that in mind for future reference and if you are doing something don't be afraid to tell me to bugger off and we'll play later

in reply to roblair

If they didn't have an open invite to join and they do join at an inopportune time then they get to hear a few four letter words , If they then survive they also then owe some challenges. ( everyone on my friends list is over 21 so no child's ears were harmed ) 

Level 75

in reply to roblair

From my Experience: Proper Etiquette for Joining Games in Progress

(Personally: I don't join games in progress with relics on)

Immediately upon entering the game:

1.) Ask question #1: Are you guys missing anything in your loadouts? Did the armor guy leave, Feral, etc. If you don't have what they need, just quit out, change your loadout and rejoin.

2.) Ask question #2: What should I put my skill points into first? No use leveling up ammo if someone already did, but if the ammo guy just left the game... Everyone will be happy you joined and even happier that you asked before spending all your skill points.

3.) Most importantly... Don't suck.

Level 7

in reply to DanDanielsonXx

All good points, especially #3 lol.. 

Level 13

Studios