Leper and accuracy challenges

Call of Duty Ghosts Extinction

Leper and accuracy challenges

Improvements still need to be made to the "find and kill the Leper in 30 seconds" challenge.

One time he spawned outside of the map boundary, didn't even bother coming onto the map, I shot him and he simply ran so far away outside of the map that it wasn't possible for me to shoot him.

Another time he ran behind the electric fence near the second barrier hive and went behind the buildings there making it not possible to get him.

Other times we were unable find him.

How to fix:

1. Spawn him closer to the players.

2. Change his logic so he doesn't run off the map to places we can't attack him.

Also please remove the 50% and 75% accuracy challenge from the final hive on Point of Contact.

An improvement of the challenges still needs to be done.

The first challenge in Point of Contact (don't take damage one) is also one to think about because towards the end of the drill there is often a "rush" of aliens which attack once which ends up in someone being hit. This challenge is even more difficult if everyone is running the do less damage relic as they might not be able to finish their target off in one clip therefore causing a reload in turn causing a failed challenge.

Perhaps reduce the "rush" on the first hive if we get that challenge.

The melee only one at the beginning makes much more sense.

Level 15
38 REPLIES

Re: Leper and accuracy challenges

in reply to CodPro3

I've never had the 75% accuracy on the final hive of POC. I myself have a ver very very difficult time completing the 50% accurracy, of the times I have completed it, someone usually gets downed, including myself.

The "dont take damage" challenges isn't all that difficult; take advantage of your sentrys, vultures and traps. If you are using relics, you can expect all this to be much more difficult in relation to not using any relics.

I wouldnt take these challenges away from the game, instead perhaps determine during what part of the game they can prompt up, the 50% accurracy is almost impossible in hive 13 and 14. However, these awkward challenges encourage the player to think and create diverse strategies, differente from what they usually do, so I wouldnt delete them from the game so quickly, they just need some elaboration so they're not near impossible.

In my experience with the Leper, if you are near where it spawns, it doesnt even bother to come out and play. so going to where you always kill it isnt so wise, because if you beat it there, he most likely will not arrive. the leper challenge is probably the challenge that needs most modification.

Level 8

in reply to YamilArias_88

The don't take any damage challenge in Point of Contact only happens on the first hive therefore you can't use sentries or vultures on that hive.

Level 15

in reply to CodPro3

im sorry, i misunderstood the challenge with the one you cant get hit by the red iluminated creepy bugs that crawl . lol.

yeah that one of the two first challenges "dont take damage" can be difficult if your team doesnt focus or keep good distance from the aliens. it would be great if everyone could start with the ammo type of their preference.

Level 8

I think the point the OP is trying to get across about the 'take no damage' challenge is it's at the very beginning of the level - on the first hive where you only have $500 and your pistol, usually one of your team does get hit and the challenge is then failed, personally if we get the accuracy challenge on the last hive we don't even try to do it.

Tracy | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to tracy

Thats very true, I dont even try to do the 50% accuracy, unless i see the rest of the team trying it, or if someone calls it, then i give it a go. thats why its important to complete all the challenges up to the 2nd hive barrier, so you wont be so dependent on getting skill points in the cabin area.

Level 8

I always start out with trying the 50% accuracy, but if more often than not, someone (or multiple) shoot, and the accuracy goes right down to 20%. SO then I'm just "ok, guess we're not doing this challenge". Which is frustrating, especially if we've done ALL challenges up until that point, then everyone just totally ignores this one, thinking it's too hard. Which it isn't.

Level 36

in reply to tracy

If you all have sentries you can let them do a lot of the work, I myself use the M27-IAR and fire in small bursts and it works farily well. It's still a difficult one but we get it most of the time.

Level 14

in reply to CodPro3

In my opinion... you need to man up buttercup.

Yes... Lepers are pains in the ass to find sometimes. Most of the time they run right by you, if you are smart enough to get up to high ground where you can see them over the the other "soon to be dead" aliens that usually get in your line of sight. Also, don't shoot at them until you are close enough to get the kill. Like any intelligent animal (artificially intelligent in this case), it will run away when its being shot. So... once again, don't shoot it until you are close enough to finish the job.

As far as the shot percentage challenge... its just that.... a CHALLENGE. The fact that it is hard for you to accomplish this feat only proves the fact that the actions required to overcome the task are true to the definition of the word. Please heed the advice at the start of this post.

If you are ready to accomplish this challenge rather than trying to complain it out of existence, I would recommend you communicate with your teammates and be sure that by the later stages you have employed a strategy that has included some seriously upgraded Strike Packages: IMS(s), Turrets and Vultures mixed with some accurate shooting. Don't forget that the Rino is a pretty big target and an easy way to seriously boost the team's percentage when he finally shows his ugly face.

Anyway... I hope you find these tips helpful and accept my mildly condescending tone for what it is... a cunning attempt to motivate you to communicate more, follow advice of your teammates and never give in to a challenge.

All the best,

DanDanielsonXx

Level 7

in reply to DanDanielsonXx

You are the one who needs advice.

I stated the don't take challenge should be IMPROVED on. I don't mind it being there but sometimes there is a rush of aliens towards the end which makes it a bit too difficult.

"If you are ready to accomplish this challenge rather than trying to complain it out of existence" - Please state where I said the challenge should be removed.

And please state where I asked for advice? You're giving me advice when you have no idea of what my skills are like in extinction.

"If you are ready to accomplish this challenge rather than trying to complain it out of existence, I would recommend you communicate with your teammates and be sure that by the later stages you have employed a strategy that has included some seriously upgraded Strike Packages: IMS(s), Turrets and Vultures mixed with some accurate shooting. Don't forget that the Rino is a pretty big target and an easy way to seriously boost the team's percentage when he finally shows his ugly face."

Erm I don't know why you're telling me to come up with a strategy and telling me to communicate. I am THE one who communicates out of the whole team. I done completionist on Nightfall twice in a row, I helped a beginner with his first escape on Point of Contact and got him completionist at the same time. We got the 50% accuracy challenge on the final hive yet still completed it. A different time I fought against 5 rhinos and still managed to save my teammates and escape.

Maybe you're just generally giving advise and not pointing towards that I need advice?

The difficulty gap between the two challenges at the beginning "melee only" and "don't take any damage" is huge.

I personally don't fail either, my teammates usually do when I play with randoms and the alien"rush" is described doesn't help either.

The challenge needs a slight reduction in difficulty.

Take my advice and learn when someone needs and advice and when the don't.

I don't mean to put myself forward as aggressive, maybe you're just giving some tips on how to play but I will say I don't need tips.

Level 15

Studios