Seriously!? This is it??

Call of Duty Ghosts Extinction

Seriously!? This is it??

So, it seems that once the nuke is placed and the you exit the 'Point of Contact' map in the chopper, the achievement is unlocked and... THAT'S IT!?

If this is IW's attempt at zombies, then they have failed big time. There is no incentive to go back and play this map EVER again after it is beaten. It has no lasting appeal.

Shame, as the game mode itself is really good, and when played on co-op, can be every bit as fun as zombies is, but the map is not that huge, and to be honest is extremely easy to finish.

The game is less that 24 hours old and already people are starting to say how disappointed in Extinction they are. Guess this portion of the forum is going to remain quiet for the foreseeable future.

Level 53
48 REPLIES

Re: Seriously!? This is it??

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

I'm not sure if you even bothered to noticed to difference between this mode and zombies, one being an actual mode and the other is plain survival with Easter eggs... Zombies had NO lasting appeal either because all you did was survival, which became BORING, MW3 had the same deal, survival................. I also fail to see how/why everyone keeps comparing this to zombies when the experience is NOTHING like it, is it because IW added a mode of human vs non-human creatures? Because otherwise people seriously need to stop..

Level 4

in reply to Tommy92gunner

ever since the first zombie mode came out it's been the only thing people compare anything to across any games. No idea why people like it so much. Its boring and repetitive- however when there are nifty little things to find it should give people like me a bigger incentive to actually play it

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to KittensAreCool

Well, the fact that it is CLEARLY Infinity Wards attempt at cashing in on the zombie side of Treyarch's community is mainly why most people are comparing it to zombies. Are you trying to say it isn't?

Either way, the game mode as is has no lasting appeal or longevity to it. It is fun to play, but once finished, there is next to no reason to return to it.

Level 53

I have beaten it and am about to prestige and look forward to playing it again for, well, the fun of it.  I enjoy this mode alot more that I ever enjoyed zombies.  Also, there is lasting appeal after completing it.  Trophies/achievements for one and also going through it with some relics equipped, which by the way severely increases the difficulty which would fix your issue with it being so "easy".  Alas this is just my opinion and you have yours but whats life without a healthy debate. 

Level 1

in reply to Tommy92gunner

Tommy92gunner wrote:

Zombies had NO lasting appeal either because all you did was survival,

You do understand that what you just said contradicts each other? People played it because it was a wave defence making the re-playability extremely high

Level 1

I partly agree, the one I disagree is the extremely easy part, and the longevity or replay value is questionable. Sure, it is fun and intense at times but after you finished the objectives, then it is over? The game should continue as in survive waves after waves, not sure how to implement this though as zombies use rounds.

They should make the scenario like the exfil chooper crashed and you are back on the ground and survive as long as possible, waves after waves, and the leaderboard says the highest number of wave survived. This way people will compete to own who survives the highest wave and players keep coming back to better their records.

Level 5

I personally love this way  more than zombies.. zombies got old after a while, this with the classes and everything keep me engaged... was having a blast with my buddy... but i would also like to know, does the waves keep going or is there an endign?

Level 1

in reply to SilversteinCOD

There is an ending. You can stay and fight if you want, but you only get kills added to the leaderboard for doing so, so there is no real reason to hang about once the nuke is armed.

Level 53

Well enjoying it so far.  And my ineptitude at the mode should sustain play for a while longer.  When I navigate the menu, I can't help but feel/hope that there's other modes to follow.  It's their first map,  If it captures peoples hearts and imaginations then presumably it will get developed.

Level 9

Studios