Seriously!? This is it??

Call of Duty Ghosts Extinction

Re: Seriously!? This is it??

in reply to whots_his_face

I have no reason not to expect an Extinction map with each of the 4 DLC drops, but my argument for longevity comes from the fact that once you beat the game mode, which I did with 3 randoms easily enough, there is not really any reason to want to go back and do it again, so with something like 2 and a half month till the first DLC drops, are people still going to be playing this map up until then? Will people still be playing it in one months time!?

As for being easy... it is VERY easy when you know what you are doing. We took down the 3 Helicopter hives within a few minutes easy enough. God, Only one of us went down (twice) the whole game, and we beat the map in under an hour.

I am sure it will improve, but my argument is that they could hve at least given us a few more options within the game rather than just escaping in the chopper and that being it done.

DeathBringer-Zen

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

Wow, quiet is right. I've not seen a game forum so useless as this one so far. I was holding out on buying ghosts, cause I have never enjoyed the IW versions of COD. Well from what I have been reading, it doesn't look like I will enjoy this one either. Yay.

FlyingPlatapus

in reply to FlyingPlatapus

Ghosts is getting slated from every corner of the community mate. I have already seen several big Youtubers who intend on making money from the game say it is garbage all round, and the extinction mode has been receiving just as much negativity.

Personally, I like the game mode but hate the fact that there is nothing more to it that just an hours worth of a mission that is actually ridiculously easy when you know what you are doing.

If you want my honest opinion... do not go near it mate. I is just MW2 & MW3 with a few repastes.

Talking of repastes... check out this classic! http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/06/call-of-duty-ghosts-branded-lazy-for-reusing-modern-warfare-2-cutscene...

OH DEAR!

DeathBringer-Zen

Thats what I thought. I, as of now, have no intent on buying this game. Too bad.

FlyingPlatapus
Highlighted

in reply to FlyingPlatapus

Speechless I see. Understandable reaction.

In fairness, the campaign is fun to play, and extinction is OK for a brief few days but MP is a joke. The graphics on MP are an eyesore and the game is just so slow and rough. Sure, people have been saying "Give it time and they will patch it up nicely"

Umm... why the f*ck should we have to wait any amount of time!?! The game is a billion dollar franchise... it should be working PROPERLY on day one.

Time for CoD to take a much needed break me thinks.

DeathBringer-Zen

I was pretty excited about this game solely for Extinction, but now I'm not so sure (...again).  I looked at the link you posted where they copy and pasted the cutscene...  it blows my mind why they would do this...or KEEP doing this.

When I read:

"Sure, people have been saying "Give it time and they will patch it up nicely"

Umm... why the f*ck should we have to wait any amount of time!?! The game is a billion dollar franchise... it should be working PROPERLY on day one."

I couldn't agree more on this...  How does a company make SO much money, yet, have SO many issues??  Why can't their product ever just flat out work the first time?  This goes for Treyarch's BO2 as well..  When BO2 came out I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE had issues with a game like I did that one...  it was damn near unplayable the first month or 2... and people were/are paying $60 a pop for it!  ...or $120 if you get the season pass... and it's still not including if you bought a special edition of the game or whatever... but I'll NEVER even consider that after BO2.

Kinda reminds me of Tranzit and when people said that it probably would have worked better on new generation consoles.  Why?  Halo and Battlefield are HUGE compared to what Tranzit had to offer, but they work fine?  Why would they make something that wouldn't run smoothly on the consoles they're designing them for? 

I remember a day and age when you could go buy a SNES/N64/etc. game.. pop it in.. and it would work. EVERY. TIME.  There were no "patches" and "hotfixes".  The games just worked... AND all of the content was ALREADY IN THE GAMES. 

This crap just makes me sad.

hoboMurder101

in reply to hoboMurder101

Yeah, I remember the MAJOR issues that BO2 suffered from for at least one month after release. Tranzit was a joke to play and MP was a laughing stock. One year later and it is STILL a bug laden joke of a game across ALL the game modes.

This is why I will NEVER buy a special edition CoD title ever again.

DeathBringer-Zen

yeah I'll never worry about getting a special edition copy of any of their games after this past game...  actually I highly doubt I'll ever preorder one of their games again considering it just lets them get away with bad business.  it's like... oh yeah! sure I'll go ahead and give you the money straight up without knowing what I'm about to get... never again.

hoboMurder101

ZxBLOODYxZ

ok so i got ghosts for extinction mainly online, has been let down . i do think the name point to point contact in its own selection menu means there is more modes to come. for me it is kind of like the nach der untoten of zombies, it is the first  extinction map and mode and im sure there will be more with DLC and i do hope there is.

i just hope they make a survival out of it.

Ells145

Studios