Seriously!? This is it??

Call of Duty Ghosts Extinction

Re: Seriously!? This is it??

in reply to Ells145

i do think the name point to point contact in its own selection menu means there is more modes to come. for me it is kind of like the nach der untoten of zombies, it is the first  extinction map and mode and im sure there will be more with DLC and i do hope there is.

I think the 'Chapter 1' in the menu is even MORE of an indication that there wll be more to come.

As for the comparisons to Nacht. People still play Nacht Der Untoten to this day... will people still be playing Extinction (PoC) in 5 years time? Will people still be playing it next month!? I doubt it.

If they had added a survival/round/wave mode into it, then yeah... it would have been more successful.

As is... it's just not good enough yet.

Level 53

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

I see where all you guys are coming from.  I just escaped into the chopper last night and it was definitely fun.  Prestiging to unlock relics will put a new spin on the game by making it harder, so if it wasn't for that I would probably have pulled out ghosts and put BO2 back in. 

For now, it has me hooked enough to where I want to try it with the relic challenges and I would also like to complete the game on solo.  Once those objectives are achieved, though, I can't see, at this time, any reasons to continue playing it.    

Level 22
Highlighted

in reply to LORD_GRRR

Yeah, as much as I enjoyed playing it, none of the relic challenges appeal to me. They are not doing anything new. Just making it harder, and in some cases, near impossible. The level and goal is the same, and I know that despite having a 'Hard Mode' option on most games I buy, it does not always make me what to play through those again after completing them on normal.

Obviously they will expand upon it, but I reckon they will just give out one map per DLC and they will all be roughly the same. I would have preferred a wave option on the game so it was similar in mold to zombies, so we could either escape in the chopper and end the game, or stay and fight and hold out for as long as we can.

In my personal opinion, they have got something here, but it's just not quite right yet.

Level 53

I hope to see more extinction maps in future dlc (althought that's a bit of a given). Hopefully there are different "game-modes," not four maps with the hive-and-nuke structuring. I bet some creative things can be done.

So far, I've been enjoying extinction mode. There are still a few things I don't know about it yet, and I admit I haven't beaten it yet. Though I fear that it will become boring soon.

Level 1

in reply to Icecreamking
Level 10

I don't think you realise that it was NEVER an attempt of Zombies in the first place. Just IW new game co op game mode, which i'd rather much prefer than two player spec ops, if you ask me. I even enjoy Extinction a hell of a lot more than Zombies as it is really.

Level 2

in reply to CobraShikari

I don't think you realise that it was NEVER an attempt of Zombies in the first place.                      

Are you stupid or something!? I am sick of seeing people post the same message...

"It's not supposed to be zombies"

Hmm... well, the fact that it IS Infinity Wards attempt at cashing in on the zombie side of Treyarch's community means it is obviously going to draw comparisons. It is a blatant attempt by IW and doing something that can draw the zombie fans in and see them part with their hard earned cash, not just them bringing out a "New" game mode that is unrelated. Your whole comment is beyond stupid man. How can you even TRY to suggest it is just coincidence!?! lol

Over 50% of DLC sales for BO1 and BO2 were by people buying them solely for zombies, and IW want in on it.

Level 53

in reply to CobraShikari

Even IW said that they made as an attempt to try their own version of Zombies. It's alright for an attempt (better than Survival)

Level 5

Extinction is much better in my opinion Zombies got boring quick but in Extinction you have to work together and no '' zombie train heroes''

Level 4

in reply to ANGEL0FTERR0R

Extinction is much better in my opinion

I highly doubt you are a true fan of zombies if you are making such a wild claim. Extinction is a lot of fun to play, but it is NOWHERE near as fun as zombies. Not even remotely close.

To suggest that it is MUCH better... well... that's just crazy talk man.

Level 53

Studios