what determines better score?

Call of Duty Ghosts Extinction

what determines better score?

whats up, so i pretty much wanted to see what you guys come up with, i kinda wanna start to grind for top 10 coop. what affects your overall score? is it the amount of kills you get , the stronger enemy? completed challenges with least drill damage and longest hive times? does anyone have any answers. thnx

Level 3
19 REPLIES

Re: what determines better score?

in reply to spider_knows_

that is something i would like to know also, i usually play with the same group and one of my friend always seems to get the most kills but also always gets the lowest score which really makes no sence.

Level 7

in reply to Littleweasel

I've seen this often; I am under the impression that kills have very little to do with score.

I also heard the precisions affected.  Since I like the M27 and shooting like crazy, I tried slowing down to improve my precision and that also does not seem to do anything.

Score is a big mystery.  I wish that IW would do a better job of clarifying this.

Level 22

Score is affected by many factors. I don't know all of the exact specifics, but here are some of the larger deciding factors.

1. Kills (of course)

2. Team play, such as reviving downed teammates.

3. Relics. This one is key to scoring high. Using more relics greatly boosts your score. If you want a score that will even come close to a leaderboard topper, all 5 relics are mandatory.

4. Escape! Yes, you get a bonus for escaping!

These are the things that will comprise of the greater part of you extinction score. Happy hunting!

Level 33

ok so not to brag... my score is 450k... weve done it with 3 people, i used 5 relics, done all the challenges ... noone had mic, we had ony one person in last stand . i used magnum . i constantly kept throwing guard every 40 sec or so and had drone above at all times. had the least kills. never repaired drill. so i still dont know how to even get close to 500k

Level 3

There are two types of health that play a decent sized role too in score bonuses, and then on top of that, you have completing challenges too

You get 3,000 bonus score for completing a challenge for each hive. You also get 7,000 points bonus for keeping your drill at FULL health, so protect it at all costs. Just for those two, it's an additional 10,000 points per hive (140k total up for grabs).

Now on top of that, you get a bigger bonus for taking damage. This means ALWAYS make sure you have Body Armor on protecting your HEALTH. I'm not sure how much of a bonus you get for this, but you definitely get a bonus score per hive for not having been hurt at all.

The strange thing is, a lot of people don't seem to worry too much about drill health. The drill is more important than reviving your teammates. I don't care if anyone disagrees with that, it's fact. You can let a teammate bleed out and still revive when you are able to. You can't do jack-all if the drill's health falls to 0. Have a couple of people stay at the drill at ALL times with sentries, to protect it. KNOW which directions your enemies come from at ALL times.

The hardest time to protect your drill, is the final hive (Hive 14). Mainly due to the fact of scorpions gas clouds being SHOT at the drill, and it taking about 3 health from it. But one way to prevent that, is make sure EVERYONE has 2 sentry guns. Have about 3 sentry guns facing up at the cliff where the scorpions like to be, and the rest facing the other directions. Again, always have someone (a medic) right at the drill, for the additional protection.

Hope that helps.

Level 36
Highlighted

in reply to Stinky666

Hi could you please tell me how you get 10k of points for each hive??? cause im 100% sure the score goes up slowly after each hive ?? if not please tell me how you possibly get 10k on the very 1st hive

Level 4

in reply to dagon1

The score doesn't got up after each hive, but does after each area.  The maximum you can get for the first hive (while using 5 relics) is 2,000, hive 2-5 is 20,000, hive 6-9 is 30,000, and hive 10-14 is 40,000.

Level 5

in reply to DeadStar7

cheers for that now how can i get my team score up more and personal score up more ??...do i need to tell my team mates to put out there stuff as much as possible while the drill is going? what about personal score how could i get that up abit more higher cheers

Level 4

in reply to dagon1

If you don't already know, the biggest score boost is for using relics.  After each hive you'll get a relic bonus, depending on how many relics you are using.  More relics = higher score.  The hive scores I listed above are based on you using 5 relics.  You'll also get a huge escape bonus at the end of the game.

Team score is based on how much you throw down for the team.  This includes boosters, armor, ammo, explosives, random items.  This only affects your score when the drill is active.  Don't bother throwing anything down for the team without the drill going.  Wait until someone plants the drill, then drop everything you can.  I don't know if things like sentry guns raise the points, but just in case, I always wait for the drill before planting a sentry also.

Your personal skill seems to be based on a few different things:  accuracy, kills, and damage taken.  Rather than "spraying and praying", try to be more accurate with your shots to get a higher score.  As well, try not to get hit.  If you don't get hit at all for the round, that should be enough to max your personal skill.  No big deal if you get hit a few times.  Make it up by your accuracy and kills.

The drill health is the last big part of your points.  In the last area, the drill is worth up the 7,000 points per hive, so keep it safe!  Every hit on it loses you points.  Even if it goes to 99% (or 124% with an engineer), you will not get the full 7000 points.  Even still, we've had perfect hive scores with the drill being hit a few times.  It just means you'll have to work a bit harder on the other stats. 

Basically, throw down as much as you can, don't get hit, be accurate, protect the drill.  I hope this helps a bit.  Good luck!

Level 5

Studios