AMPLIFY IS RUINING THIS GAME.. AMONG OTHER THINGS...

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: AMPLIFY IS RUINING THIS GAME.. AMONG OTHER THINGS...

in reply to RobbieRocket

lol so true.

I just bought a new headset (Astro A40s) because my sony one's will nto work with the PS4 (Friday!!! yea!!!).

Anyways, I can hear everything going on around me, and I cannot tell you the number of times I have died because a teammate ran behind me causing me to turn around so I get shot because I was not looking where I should have.  My failure.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to IRISHudSTOPcamp

I find DS to be a good counter for Amplify.  I've pulled it out on guys that I know where running Amplify and being very effective with it.  Once I ran DS and Amplify myself, they had a hard go of it.  Crouch walking is also useful but generally speaking with DS there is more than enough action going on in game that I can readily sneak up on Amplify users.  Besides that I think that you have to consider that footsteps can be heard without Amplify (unless they are using DS).  So you need to factor that in when playing.  I know that if I'm flanking by myself and I hear someone I'm going to crouch walk and catch them off guard.  Amplify just makes hearing them easier but anyone with a headset can hear them without it.  If you are running in blindly then no perk will save you.  You need to learn to approach with caution once you get near enemy territory.

Level 69

Not sure how soundwhoring is limted to camping, Honestly this perk is the reason why a lot of us enjoy infinity ward's COD over Treyarch's, we like footsteps.

Your suggestion to increase point balance is idiotic, why would you do such a thing, the perk isn't overpowered, people can use footsteps even without the perk, it simply raises the level of footsteps; furthermore if you would to increase anything it would be steady aim perk to 3 points.

Level 6

You should not be able to sprint hither and yon fully loaded with gear without making noise.

Just sayin'.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

I only want something to counter them because crouch walking no longer counters it. I think Blind Eye should counter Amplify. It's not like that perk matters I can still hear people without it lol. All they need to do is remove the filter and make it 4 points or make it where something counters it.

Level 23

this is exactly what happen to gears of war, they dedicated that game to the players who needed extra help ( liek hearing footsteps) fps games were not meant to be played sitting in corners and walking around on your knees at 1 mph, and look at the dropoff of players for that series. cod is not far behind, alot have already left for BF and more will do so if the game continues to head in this direction. if amplifiy wasnt as good as half of you hear are defending it, then why do you need it? simple as that. there is no place in FPS for sitting back and listening to feet, it destorys the game. if im wrong then let COD patch it so amplify only works if your moving at full speed, noone will use it. its a tool for untalented cmpers. and keep in mind i own a nice epensive pair of beaches, i just refuse to turn the game into a battle of who's better at moving on there knees or listening to there headset in a corner.

Level 1

They really need to patch this asap alot of ppl camp because of this

Level 16

in reply to Mess1ahBrowny

False

Activision Ambassador

A lot of people camp, regardless of what perk they use.

Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

Someone is confusing camping with just being able to hear footsteps again.  You don't need Amplify to hear them btw but an alert player is going to know where he is, where his teamates are, and when he hears something coming from a direction that it shouldn't, he's going to take cover and get ready for the gunfight.  That's how it is supposed to be.  I'd say that BO2 desensitized a number of players to the value of hearing footsteps since they were so poorly represented there but go back to MW3 without Sitrep Pro and note just how often you can hear people coming.  I think that you'll find that it is on par with Ghosts.

Level 69

Studios