AMPLIFY IS RUINING THIS GAME.. AMONG OTHER THINGS...

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: AMPLIFY IS RUINING THIS GAME.. AMONG OTHER THINGS...

in reply to phxs72

Yep... Vahn himself even said that he thought that footsteps were way too loud in previous games so they deliberately made them quiet in BO2.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Mess1ahBrowny

Play Cranked.  Problem solved.

Level 3

in reply to IRISHudSTOPcamp

Need extra help? sorry what? footsteps are situational awareness, everyone has the ability to listen, just because you don't like doesn't mean the competitive agree with you, in-fact COD isn't the only competitive FPS that features soundwhoring, You might of heard it before, Counter Strike, Counter StrikeSmiley Frustratedource, Counter Strike Global Offensive.

The oldest of those is more popular than any COD ever.

Level 6

Id rather they banned all hackers made the game secure and safe...then sorted game play problems out

Level 16

Its good that there are perks to counter other perks but I think that dead silence should override amplify, like it did to sitrep pro in MW3.

Level 3
Highlighted

Most campers i've killed so far didn't use amplify at all. It's not the fault of this perk that ppl sit in the corners. To be honest, maybe it's a bug for me but its really hard to hear ppl with DS when im using amplify and im using a 400€ Soundcard-Headset combination. In all other games im able to track ppls footsteps like wallhack. I could even hear the footsteps in Blops2 :-P. So another question to the others using amplify: How loud are the footsteps with amplify if someone uses DS? Can you compare it like you could hear someone without DS and without using Amplify?

Level 1

in reply to IOwnU1

DS is real quite even with Amplify on.  In fact more likely than not by the time that you realize that it's actually footsteps that you are hearing, you're already dead.  If there is any action going on at all, then you won't hear a DS user.  At least I don't.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

I have exactly the same problems. So whats the reason to remove this perk? If you remove the counterperk everyone will just run around with DS. You could just remove footsteps completly then... the best thing would be to remove both perks.

Level 1

in reply to IOwnU1

I don't have a problem with either perk but that's basically what BO2 did.  Footstep sounds where so weak that it provided almost no benefit to use either of them.  At the end of the day, those that are complaining about them are using poor gameplay strategy.  Plain and simple.  I have no issue getting kills with them and I have no issue getting kills without them.  Furthermore, I have no issue dealing with folks that are using them.  But then again, my whole class setup isn't hinging on the enemy being too stupid to adapt.  I beat them with a wide array of strategy.

Level 69

Studios