According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!

in reply to trialstardragon

No matter how good you were with the weapon you had a bullet go in a random direction for the first 1.5+ seconds after ADSing.  Even at "long ranges" you couldn't even ADS and hit a target moving across the screen.  There is a reason why this was patch many times to make the snipers somewhat useful, apologized for, and has never been seen again.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

I could use the snipers in bo and get kills easily even if the target was moving across the screen. It was not hard to do and I am just an average player before it was ever patched. the patch made snipers to easy to use really.

Level 70

in reply to iivrruummii

iivrruummii wrote:

There is a reason why this was patch many times to make the snipers somewhat useful, apologized for, and has never been seen again.

Because the Youtube community couldn't get their QS montages as easy. That's the only reason why. Nobody who was legitimately sniping really complained. Those who did complain often overexaggerated their complaints in an effort to making QSing easier.

There actually wasn't anything wrong with the sniping in BO pre-patch. It's just that Treyarch, fearing the wrath of the MLG and "Optic" youtubers, caved in to the pressure and reduced the anti-QS patch.

Level 35

in reply to kastro187420

If I was the Dev, I would just given the optic youtubers the finger. I understand patches for balancing but listening to prepubescents is not my idea of getting "good feedback". This series is played by all ages (even though it's rated M) but IMO, CoD's true legacy always lies with the more mature crowd. Just my two cents...

Level 48
Highlighted

in reply to theunforgotten1

i just hope they dont make it like BO1 with the random bullet bulls.h.i.t. even though i still quickscoped in that game too once i adapted.   if it turns out like BO2 with aim assist turned off then ill be happy. i snipe in BO2 with AIm Assist turned off anyways. i find it has more negative effects with my quickscoping. on the other hand not using aimassist on AR/SMG with 14 sensitivity is just crazy talk. 

Level 9

in reply to derf8966

I just hope they got rid of aim assist and didn't try to rework the sniper like in BO.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

I hope they did, and I hope they dont cower to the threats like 3arc did in BO and repatch it back in.

Level 70

in reply to iivrruummii

iivrruummii wrote:

I just hope they got rid of aim assist and didn't try to rework the sniper like in BO.

I hope they dont make snipers terrible, like they did in BO1.

There is a proper Anti UAV Perk, in Ghosts. Snipers dont have to rush (BO2 garbage). They can now play, the way the weapon is supposed to be used..... support.

All they have to do...... make snipers have the slowest ADS time. Problem solved

Level 28

slow ads is not really the solution, just take away ability to fire until fully ads, no blank.black, no scoping or even hip firing them.

Level 70

Snipers didn't have to rush in BO2.

Level 47

Studios