According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: According to dev from Raven, QSing is gone!

in reply to theunforgotten1

Hey everyone, Mark put out a tweet today to elaborate for those with questions:

https://twitter.com/IWMarkRubin/status/376064752390516736

"Update/Clarification regarding Sniper Rifles:One of the areas that is getting lot of love in Call of Duty: Ghosts is the Sniper Rifle. By creating the Marksman class we were able to focus the Sniper class on really powerful high-caliber weapon systems. We feel, and many of the pro players who have played would agree, that sniping has never been better. The changes we’ve made, like dual render scopes and increased damage really make snipers a great competitive class to use. We’ve also done a lot with map design (sight lines and cover) to ensure that all classes are viably effective. Both short range and long range classes will be effective on the same maps.However in re-envisioning sniper rifles some aspects, such as sway timing, have changed the way sniper rifles function and so traditional “quick-scoping” has been affected. Is it gone completely? Maybe. It certainly won’t be viable in the way it previously was. Can’t wait for you snipers out there to get your hands on these new sniper rifles and try them out for yourselves. See you in game! -Mark"

in reply to candyslexia

Please be more specific on what was done. Did you guys made the sniper rifles like how it was in BO1 pre-patch?

Level 14

in reply to Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

Dr_QuiCKScOP3r wrote:

Please be more specific on what was done. Did you guys made the sniper rifles like how it was in BO1 pre-patch?

We have sway before you ADS and the crosshairs show up much closer to being nearly fully ADS'd. There are some sniping videos from the MP event if you wanted to check out how it works. I know Faze Kross had a cool one.

in reply to candyslexia

Thanks, Candice.

I'm looking at Kross's gameplay right now and I just noticed that there is no crosshair on the sniper rifles when not ADS'd like in previous CODs. That will throw the aim of most quickscopers specially the inexperienced ones. The unscoped-sway will also count.

One more thing..

Will the sniper ADS speed remain the same like on Kross's video on release?

http://gyazo.com/ff155a4ce2c747f1a7328695f90f68fc.png

Level 14
Highlighted

If this is true it should be like Black Ops 1 sniping for I have never had a problem with sniping in that game if they pull a Battlefield 3 well then I won't use Bolt Action because a two hit kill 3 second kill time will be useless in all gun fights. All they need to do is make it like Black Ops 1 or they can add sway and flinch to the snipers then remove aim assist completely and bam snipers are still useful for people who snipe if they hinder the aim time on the snipers I'll just use a shotgun and 44 Magnum until people realize that shotguns are one hit kill and shooting out of their range lmao.

Level 23

Awesome news is awesome.

Level 8

in reply to Vespervin

Frankly, I don't think it will affect me. The weapon sway pre- ADS'd and the no crosshair is not a problem for me. If the ADS speed shown at Gamescon remains the same then I can still quickscope and dragscope. The only thing that will stop me from quickscoping is if they make it similar to BO1. Looking at Faze Kross's gameplay, it doesn't look anything like BO1.

Level 14

in reply to Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

They could have easily just have been using Faze as a method of testing the sniping build to see if they'd like to make it even more difficult.

The Robert Bo moment I'm expecting this game to have is that marksmen class weapons becomes the new QS weapons, but I don't think it's possible because I think those weapons are limited to the scoopers they can have. I don't think they can use variables.

Level 6

in reply to RenovaKunumaru

Quickscoping in HC with the marksmen rifle class, if snipers become to difficult to use.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

The more difficult the weapon is, the more rewarding it should be when mastered. I'm sure the OHK power of the sniper class will now make up for the lack of QS.

I for one am not a fan of the QS community, however call of duty has slowly been outshined in my opinion of other fps's coming out. Good step in the right direction but still not the innovation to get me fired up for the series again.

Level 6

Studios