Anybody got a good Ripper Class Yet?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Anybody got a good Ripper Class Yet?

I got ahold of this weapon yesterday with the rest of the season pass holders. It's a fun little gun but I am having a hard time tailoring a build to it.  Statistically it's inferior to most of it's peers in terms of each mode.  As an SMG you have the range, recoil and damage of the bizon paired with a slightly slower fire rate close to the VEPR's.  As an AR you have the range and damage of the FAD paired with the reminton's rate of fire and the honey badgers recoil. The weapon also has a small magazine and it's reload it towards the longer end of the spectrum.

However, these statistics were done to balance that you have two weapons in one. The gun doesn't have the underslung or fire mode attachments of the assult rifles since it's an SMG and it has no opticl attachments either. This makes it hard to customize the gun.  I was wondering if anybody had a good build with

Level 10
7 REPLIES

Re: Anybody got a good Ripper Class Yet?

in reply to darkrangeresp

haha not on ps4 I don't

Level 10

I like two main setups:

1. AP rounds, Muzzle Brake.

2. Rapid fire, Muzzle break (makes a difference when in AR mode).

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

Muzzle Break, increases accuracy, damage and range.

Extended mags, you said it yourself, it has a small magazine, I was on a streak and I died because I ran out of ammo to shoot the guy.

Level 6

i use it on my run and gun class it is amazingly versatile i either run foregrip and silencer or foregrip muzzlebreak depending on the map the toggle between ar and smg is beautiful and amazingly useful

Level 4

Just equip it and you will destroy all players at all ranges.

Level 4

Played a bit with it today. First game on HC TDM I was 23-9 on Strikezone, in spite of coming in late, and used it to help turn the score around and help the team to a win. Second match I was 19-10 on Octane, the bulk of the 10 deaths coming early in the match when I was trying to snipe for my Concealed Cobra Challenge (Was doing quite well at first but the other team were all running HBs and Rippers and it was tough to get a shot off after a while).

I used the silencer with Armor-Piercing Rounds. The TTK with it in HC seems awfully quick, but like I said I only had a short time with it today.

My worry about a weapon like this as DLC is that it is just too easy to use. The Maverick and Maverick Sniper had their deficiencies, and I haven't really seen a downside to this weapon just yet. I guess I'll see in time how it works at range and holds up in CQB... but I kind of worry about this being a Peacekeeper situation... where everyone can use it because, well let's face it... it is just crazy easy to use.

We'll see in the long run.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Yea, it is easy to use. But, given the current state of Ghosts at the moment - spawns / lag - I don't mind using easy-2-use weapons. Makes up for the (current) discrepancies of Ghosts.

Level 21

Studios