Anyone Else Think The Silencers in Ghosts are Little too Good?

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Anyone Else Think The Silencers in Ghosts are Little too Good?

It seems incredibly cheap for me to be able to melt people with a silence AR from a good distance, idk maybe the ARs just have absurd ranges. I also heard that it reduces recoil or bullet spread.

Being off the radar is a huge advantage that kind deserves a bigger penalty than what i have experienced while using them

as a side note, anyone else think we should only have one free attachment and the rest we have to pay for the attachment perk? two free attachments seems like a bit much tbh. 

Level 1
51 REPLIES

Re: Anyone Else Think The Silencers in Ghosts are Little too Good?

in reply to BanditHiro

Seems fine to me, stop playing Pac Man , problem solved.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to BanditHiro

i agree with what you said about the free attachment, honey badger with 4 attachments is a bit OP, but i dont really think silencers are OP, currently you cant turn on people anyway, so if they get behind you regardless of silencer it doesnt make to much of a difference.

silencers make shorten the damage drop off range, so instead of it taking say 3 bullets to kill, it takes 4 or 5, but thats the same for most guns at a distance.

Level 3

in reply to Moraydeath

maybe the guns are just incredibly powerful in general because when i use the ak 12 with a silencer i barely feel the drop in damage at a distance even with a silencer. maybe when the guns get nerfed or player receives more health it will be a non-issue but yeah as it stands i would never take off the silencer unless i'm trying to bait people to complete challenges like get 100 kills with the lean feature or stuff like that.

Level 1

in reply to BanditHiro

Silencers don't reduce recoil or bullet spread.  What they do is remove the muzzle flash and that makes it easier to see your target and therefore easier to track them.  As to your question, the silencers feel pretty much the same to me as they have in at least the last 3 titles.  So I don't have a problem with them.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

@phxs72: I'm still waiting for the "Iron Sights are too good" thread.

@OP: It feels like it functions the same way as it does in previous CODs. It just so happens that we now have big maps with really long sight lines. The damage drop off is quite noticeable in long range engagements.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Run_N_Gunning_Camper wrote:

@phxs72: I'm still waiting for the "Iron Sights are too good" thread.

Mine was Far to overpowered for the Lsat so I have had to reside to using the Acog to balance things out.

Level 21

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

I noticed that I could drop people in what appeared to be 2 shots with a silent Remington and AK-12 at pretty significant range. Some kid took me out from one end of Stonehaven to the other with the Honeybadger pretty swiftly too.  It was pretty impressive though because I was running sideways and he sustained his aim really well...

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

Add me and I'll impress all day everyday.

I'm also a sniper, quickscoper, run and gunner, camper, and I use all the dirty tricks in the book.

Level 35

in reply to WKMMS

Lag is the culprit, hands down.

Level 21

Studios