BF Sniping = Skill, CoD Sniping = AimBot

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

BF Sniping = Skill, CoD Sniping = AimBot

I write this as a fan of both the Battlefield and Call of Duty series. They're different games with their own advantages and disadvantages and I like both for different reasons and both have their flaws.

But in one area the Battlefield series is clearly superior to CoD and that is sniping. In Battlefield, sniping is truly a "skill" since the sniper rifles are subject to the same in-game physics as other weapons. This means that achieving a one-hit-kill head shot requires the sniper to allow for both bullet drop and flight time.

Meanwhile, in CoD, sniping "skill" is not based on game physics mechanics involving gravity and bullet speed. Instead it's based solely on exploiting the auto-aim/built-in AimBot feature which ELIMINATES the need to aim carefully. In other words, it's the OPPOSITE of sniping.  It's just a built-in AimBot enhanced by the fact that most of the sniper rifles are one-hit kill weapons competing against other weapons which require multiple hits to kill.

That's one reason that when playing CoD I stick to hardcore mode: all weapons are on a more even footing when it comes to time-to-kill.  Play any BLOPS II session in regular mode and the sound of gunfire is dominated by snipers using the built-in AimBot system to rapid fire without the need to aim.  Play BLOPS II hardcore mode and the gunfire sounds are far more diverse.

I know that CoD built-in AimBot users (aka "snipers") are worried about changes to the AimBot feature wrt sniper rifles. But for the rest of us, it would be nice to be able to play regular CoD modes without having to face one-hit-kill AimBot enhanced weapons for a change.  OTOH, Activision knows that a big part of their CoD audience has become dependent on their built-in AimBot 1HK feature (calling them "snipers" is an insult to the skill-based snipers in Battlefield) so the AimBot 1HK players probably don't have much to worry about.

Level 1
40 REPLIES

Re: BF Sniping = Skill, CoD Sniping = AimBot

in reply to AngusPodgorny19

BF sniping is boring.  COD sniping is action-packed.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

That's one reason that when playing CoD I stick to hardcore mode: all weapons are on a more even footing when it comes to time-to-kill.

I find it weird that a good number of players who don't do good in Core goes to HC.

The OP is bitter. He probably just got owned by a sniper.

Level 14

in reply to Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

If also find it weird that players claim to be good  at core, then try it in hc only to get spanked. Either way you look at it they are different modes and should be looked at as such. The never ending argument is old. Play what you like. But trying to get a dig in just to feel a little better about yourself says a lot.

Activision Ambassador

Few solutions:

• Play PC ( no aim assist )
  • Improve your aim
  • Play BF since its better in your opinion
  • Wait for Ghosts since there is no aim assist for the first few moments after you ADS with a sniper

Enjoy

Level 5

The only thing about Ghosts sniping that concerns me is that, if they take away aim-assist all the crybabies will have absolutely no excuse when I get the better of them in CQB.. God forbid they might have to admit to being outplayed by another player!  What a tragedy that will be

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

Even if they take away the aim assists, people will still insist it was aim assist and not skill.

Level 14

in reply to Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

Basically just like BO2's snipers.

Level 47
Highlighted

I like the fact, that the people who complain about snipers on Call of Duty are the ones who can't kill them lol..
I love getting messages from people who I kill over and over again with a sniper..
They say "Sniping requires no skill"...
So I then use hardest class to use and that is the riot shield..
Then the same thing happens to them again, but this time no sniper.. "Rage Quit"

Level 1

No aim assist you can still QS lol. So if that's IW's response to nerfing QS is by removing aim assist doesn't stop QS lol

Level 24

Studios