Boosting...

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Boosting...

Unfortunately, I can see it now....

2 boosters log into squads mode. One says, "Hey Johnny meet me at location "x".

"Ok Jimmy, this will be fun....we can boost off each other while the whole other team is bots so we have no one to report us, all the while earning xp"

"Yeah hehe, i love how we can buy any item with cod points right from the start too. This tactical insertion was so easy to get!"

While the bots are going at one another, Johnny and Jimmy are behind Pinkies strip joint gaining all kinds of xp.

No recording theater mode, xp in squads mode, buy any item from the start....

Does anyone see where I'm going here?

Of course boosting has been a part of the game over the years but you'd think that they would take measures to address it.

I'm sure I'm not the first one to address this issue...I'm just hoping something gets done about it.

Level 1
53 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Boosting...

in reply to Bang87

Personally boosting was only an issue for me in MW2, where often there'd be an AC130 in the air after 2 mins in FFA.

Haven't encountered anything like this since they added 1v1 modes, if anything the ability for these cheats to disappear into squad vs squad will let the rest of us enjoy the game, so where is the problem?

Level 1

in reply to Schuesseled1

That they will level up faster than they normally could have. that in a few hours they will have everything unlocked while everyone else is still working for it legitimately. They will then use their ill gotten items for an advantage over those that don't have them yet in regular games.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

Items are unlocked via player choice rather than level, if you want MOST OP GUN EVA TROLL LOL Mark 2, you can purchase that just a quick as any booster can.

Level 1

in reply to Schuesseled1

some items are locked via level. the dead silence perk can not be unlocked until level 26 is reached.

Level 70

Hmm just some items are locked by level requirements? Wonder why that is.

Level 8

in reply to MrAdaptability

Because they are probably the items that those that played at the game expo's said was unbalanced being allowed to have right at the beginning of the game.

Imagine a player with DS and OTG straight out the door.. they are now in hidden mode and thus can camp easier for less fear of being found some would complain. thus the game slows down or some would complain so even if was not true.

it is similar to the BO1 system. where even if you had the cod points you still needed the level to unlock the item, same as in BO2 too. But the difference is there is no challenges for those items like MW3 and the perks.

Level 70

Ya, I get the balancing factor but when you still need to get to a specific level before you can unlock something it feels like a point system is a needless addition to me. Isn't that the exact reason COD points weren't in MW3? I seem to remember a dev saying it added a pointless step to the unlocking system. Hopefully squad points can be spent on other things too, like soldier cosmetic changes and stuff. Guess we'll know for sure in about a weeks time though.

Level 8

in reply to MrAdaptability

Squad points are used to unlock everything, from soldier appereances to weapons and extra CaC slots

Level 5

They just released some more info on the unlock system, this is qouted from the Ghosts news section: "Perks are unlocked in one of two ways. Each Perk is marked with a level and a Squad Point cost. Once you reach the listed level, the Perk is automatically unlocked for use. If you’d rather unlock a Perk early, you can also choose to spend the listed amount of Squad Points for immediate access."

I like, I like very much

Level 8

Studios