COD and External ballistics

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Highlighted

Re: COD and External ballistics

in reply to gotsomestars

I got caught up in Big Bang Theory and Game of Thrones... I will have to catch you some other time

Activision Ambassador

No worries I'm on quite often. I work sun night to Thurs morning so I'm always on the weekends unless my kids take over the ps4 or xb1. Shoot me a message ANYTIME.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Izjar11

One issue for COD people playing BF, is that the TTK in BF (core) is much higher.

In COD, if a gun does 50 damage, 2 shots and the person is dead close range, and 3 shots at long (this actually is satisfying, and can increase the game pace). THis is assuming no damage multipliers as to compare with BF...

In BF, a DMR which does 60 damage may take 2-3 shots up close and 3-4+ shots at range depending on where you hit them. And at long range, forget it.

I wonder if that is why you get spotting bonuses.  There is no point in trying to kill someone 200+ meters away with a SMG or AR. Spot them and let someone closer kill them.

Another thing about BF, there is no such thing as someone "Carrying the team" (well that in most game modes, and it can rarely happen even in TDM)

Activision Ambassador

rlbl wrote:

One issue for COD people playing BF, is that the TTK in BF (core) is much higher.

In COD, if a gun does 50 damage, 2 shots and the person is dead close range, and 3 shots at long (this actually is satisfying, and can increase the game pace). THis is assuming no damage multipliers as to compare with BF...

In BF, a DMR which does 60 damage may take 2-3 shots up close and 3-4+ shots at range depending on where you hit them. And at long range, forget it.

I wonder if that is why you get spotting bonuses.  There is no point in trying to kill someone 200+ meters away with a SMG or AR. Spot them and let someone closer kill them.

Another thing about BF, there is no such thing as someone "Carrying the team" (well that in most game modes, and it can rarely happen even in TDM)

Yup,

I realized that in BF it (seems) to take allot more rounds to take someone out, it doesn't bother me nor will i say COD is better in that realm but I do take a similar approach to both games, burst firing, controlled accurate aiming seems to help me get that kill.

To me: BF is simply more difficult than COD, good or bad? Eh, I like them both.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

TBH... it would be cool and a pain at the same time. On the fence over it. :/

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

rankismet wrote:

TBH... it would be cool and a pain at the same time. On the fence over it. :/

After more responses it seems the idea would not sit well with COD's community.No one wants to miss their shots, or have to put more effort into it.

cat animated GIF

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Where the hell do you get these!?

Activision Ambassador

certain secrets are never revealed BUAHAHAHAH

interface animated GIF

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

You know what would go well with COD, though?

Instead of UAVs, you hit the button when you "see" an opponent. I actually think that would work here. I think you'd still have complaints, but you're gonna have complaints no matter what.

On another note, I think it is time to raise the bar on streak rewards. At least change it so they start at four kills instead of three. Minor adjustment but I think it would greatly impact the game.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to Izjar11

If we are going to open that can of worms, what about the one for bullet and knife damage? A bullet to the head, while bad, can be non-lethal, in fact not even slow someone down. It all depends on where it hits. Same with body hits.

However – I have never heard of anyone dying instantly being getting stabbed in the foot.

BUT… I accept these incongruities. This is a game. It creates its own universe, has its own physics, and as long as it is true to its internal logic I can deal with it. We adapt. To bring in true ballistics and other physics would be nice, but it would, I suspect, take a lot more code and processing power to pull off.

Activision Ambassador

Studios