Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1

Yea people that claim it's the exact same thing are just haters.  A franchise isn't a franchise if it abandons its fundamentals, and a sequel/new edition brings improvements, changes and additions, so it's natural for familiar things to return that fans like, as well as some new things.   but people just skim through the facts and ignorantly claim nothing's different, when there ARE differences, improvements facts that make COD Ghosts stand out and stand above its predecessors.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-15-call-of-duty-ghosts-the-biggest-overhaul-of-multiplayer...

Being the biggest multiplayer overhaul since MW1, that in itself is INNOVATION for the franchise and the genre as a whole. Call of Duty Ghosts possesses various combinations of innovation, the communities have to really look at the big picture as well as indepth look at the differences, and realize it's not the exact same thing and there are new things alongside familiar things.    Just because there are some features some people aren't interested in, doesn't give haters the argument that "nothing's new".  It still is new, and those things are still valuable for players that want those features and will use them.

It's kind of like the new single player campaign, some people don't care about the campaign, and some don't care about the multiplayer, and vice versa,  but both elements are important and signficant, even if someone doesn't care about something, someone else will.  So everything counts. 

Call of Duty Ghosts even makes breakthroughs that communities aren't giving full credit for.

I mean c'mon, the industry isn't just built around groundbreaking graphics and physics.   When the dust clears, it will be the content, features, gameplay, customization, options and fun factor that will cause people to keep playing and enjoying it.     And Call of Duty Ghosts on all platforms has OUTSTANDING graphics, if you wanna talk "bad" graphics, you just have to look at shooters like RE Operation Raccoon City.  COD Ghosts meets the standards of great graphics while maintaining QUALITY framerate levels.

Call of Duty Ghosts innovates its series at greater levels than say, another Madden or FIFA game. Call of Duty Ghosts is innovative and revolutionary from various standpoints, while being faithful to itself, and that is a healthy fact.  Even past and outside concepts can be reinvented and refined and still count as innovation, especially for the franchise itself.   So that counts as significant steps forward.

The fact that the full list of Call of Duty Ghosts additions and improvements is so long to list,

while upcoming reveals will deliver more what has yet to be shown and confirmed, already establishes the reality that Call of Duty Ghosts is a NEW Call of Duty that is similiar, different AND better than the previous ones, and THAT is ground breaking in itself.  

Level 3
27 REPLIES

Re: Call of Duty Ghosts is filled with innovation. Biggest overhaul since MW1

in reply to affinityXX

I'll wait to jump on the bandwagon until I play it. There are a few things that look good. But, the days of everyone buying it without checking it out are fading. They will still sell there gazillion dollars worth I'm sure. But they lost some fans the way bo2 was handled. ( it played fine for me personally).

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

gotsomestars wrote:

I'll wait to jump on the bandwagon until I play it. There are a few things that look good. But, the days of everyone buying it without checking it out are fading. They will still sell there gazillion dollars worth I'm sure. But they lost some fans the way bo2 was handled. ( it played fine for me personally).

For what it's worth i really disliked mw3 alot, when I first got to play ghosts mp I honestly wasn't expecting to be that impressed and half expected it to play like mw3 with a few new bits. Boy was I wrong, there's so much changed, improved, added this time round it really does feel like a "new" game. Obviously as the op mentioned with those basic fundamentals that make it a cod game.

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Is there a COD that feels close to Ghosts or is it a completely different feel? I'm sorry for this question, Mac. I'm not fortunate enough to go to a Ghosts expo nor there is one near where I live.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Run_N_Gunning_Camper wrote:

Is there a COD that feels close to Ghosts or is it a completely different feel? I'm sorry for this question, Mac. I'm not fortunate enough to go to a Ghosts expo nor there is one near where I live.

erm good question !... and a tricky one to answer

ok i'll try to answer this as best i can ghosts "feels" like an iw game and by that I mean I always found 3arc games to be slightly slower in feel to iw games. Not that this is a bad thing but i prefer the slightly faster paced feel of iw games so in that respect Ghosts feels id say closer to say cod4/mw2 in gameplay pace.

Actually now i've started writing this ive just thought of the best way to described it.. ghosts feels like the iw that should've come after mw2 , i wont go into the things i have issues with about mw3 but to me ghosts is like the game thats taken all the best that iw have done and refined it into something sublime then added a crap ton of new stuff that just works without being obvious and thrust in your face. There's so many little things they tweaked that just made playing that much more enjoyable.

the only negative i can think of atm and again it may be different in the final build as we have only played on early builds is for me personaly the time it takes to throw the tac nades we had unlocked ( 9 bang) was too long.. i dont mean priming it but the actual animation and time from pressing throw to it throws

*disclaimer i reserve the right to completely change my mind if they screw up hc

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

That's awesome that you got to test it out mac. Hopefully they asked for your input since I agree with most of your critique posts on here, at least the ones I have read. Coming from a person who hasn't tried it out, does it seem like a MW3/BO2 mash up? It's sounds like from your response that this is NOT the case which is very intriguing to me being a cod player since the first installment.

This is good news if that's the case. Can't wait for release....

Level 48

in reply to affinityXX

When "haters" say we're getting the same game every year, they're just generalizing. Sure, there are SOME new features, but for the most part, everything's the same. Also, multiplayer is MUCH more valuable than campaign mode because most people don't even play the campaign instantly and go straight to multi. I know all my friends do and couldn't care less for its campaign. 

The latest CoD looks more than familiar: same kill streak systems, old perks, old equipment, old engine, old attachments, the list goes on forever. There isn't really so many new things that they can claim the title is as creative as CoD4 (didn't Treyarch say the same with BO2? Look at how that turned out.)  And if CoD is to be compared to sports games (which are basically the same games every year), I'd say CoD is SLIGHTLY more innovative, but still doesn't meet standards for innovation. A lot of the stuff they added this year could just be released as DLC for previous titles. It is that fact that keep "haters" criticizing.

Unless they completely overhauled the game's various systems and even replaced some with superior ones that completely change gameplay, I'm going to wait a day or two before I go pick up my pre ordered version and watch Youtube videos and play it at a friends house. If it looks like crap, I will cancel my pre order for CoD 2K14.

Level 6

in reply to ModernWelfare

ModernWelfare wrote:

When "haters" say we're getting the same game every year [...]

Well... at least you know you're a hater.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to affinityXX

I am really exciting about this one too. It really felt like Black Ops 2 was an add-on for MW3, but Treyarch just couldn't "get it right". It like they tried to pack too much into the game and didn't really know which direction to go in.

While Ghosts is using a lot of MW3 elements, it feels fresh. Sort of a new beginning. I personally cannot wait. Infinity Ward seems to bring the fun to COD games. I feel like Treyarch took Black Ops 2 too serious and it just came across dry.

Level 7

in reply to iAmEFFeX

I loved some of the maps on black ops 2 and enjoyed playing ffa with humans and robots. it just seemed too hard to get killstreaks in normal games. and i wont miss that annoying "the enemy has destroyed your equipment" line. why did everyone always destroy my claymores?

the gameplay wasnt as good as it should have been but still much perfred black ops 2 to mw3 ...i think...

Level 16

Studios