Change the riot shield back!

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Change the riot shield back!

I personally use the riot shield 90% of the time and absolutely (used to) love it. C4 is my preferred weapon. With the nerf today, I literally stand no chance of surviving. Before this was changed, I at least had half a chance of getting the kill. With all the perks and weapons you can use to counter the shield/C4 combo, there is no reason a player with no gun should be completely exposed when throwing the C4. I know most of you won't agree with my style of play but I would like to hear from the people who agree with me. I posted here and in the Xbox One section since I play there and would like to hear what everyone has to say.

Level 1
29 REPLIES

Re: Change the riot shield back!

in reply to SirVixProbe

No, scrubs abusing C4 is a stupid and low skill tactic.

Level 10

in reply to Fang_1192

I don't think abuse would be the right word there. Just for fun, let's say it is. People abuse shotguns more often than you see people using riot shields. Why don't they get a nerf that makes them next to pointless? Shotguns are an equal "low skill tactic" in your words.

Level 1

in reply to SirVixProbe

Except with shotguns the risk is all in the approach. You have no defensive or offensive capabilities beyond 10 feet.

And you're right. Abusing is the wrong word. Anyone using C4 is a scrub. C4 is the lowest skill explosive with the highest pay off. It requires no thought, no preparation, no skill, minimal risk but has a generous kill range and supreme control.

Level 10

in reply to SirVixProbe

ICU, Reflex, Steady Aim with Akimbo whatever you choose.

Sometimes people get stuck in one type of gameplay.  Since the nerf, try out new tactics.  Maybe youll find out that you have become a better player when  you do.

Level 14
Highlighted

in reply to SirVixProbe

Obviously the devs disagree and decided it was too easy of a setup so changed it. And yes you should have always been made vulnerable with tossing the c4, that is the trade off. The RS was mainly meant as a defensive support device, not as an offensive weapon as how it was used with the c4 and not showing a player when it was tossed.

Level 70

in reply to SirVixProbe

Can't wait till that patch hits the ps4.  You scrubs that use the riot/c4 in s&d and s&r are complete trash.

Level 3

in reply to SirVixProbe

I play HC DOM so I dont see it much but I do have big issues with throwable C4 anyway....

As for the riot shield, when I do see it in DOM I understand why they changed it, only for a plit second can I get a shot on an elbow. As for all the counters you mentioned, I don't know any that help me when I do meet a riot shield at close range. The percentage chance of me dying is close to 100%.

Now, if they can just change the Squadmate power in HC! It has the same power and amount of health as it does in core with almost perfect aim.

Level 9

in reply to SirVixProbe

The hate towards it was stronger than the love, I for one am glad. I had this happen to me once, the guys shield never moved and it was just wrong.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

I looked at the Patch notes and didn't see anything about a change to what ever they changed...

Level 16

Studios