Change the riot shield back!

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: Change the riot shield back!

in reply to Firesens

Weapon/Perk Balance

• Patched 3rd person throw animations for explosives when using the Riotshield. This change moves the shield to the side exposing the thrower to attack.
Level 8

in reply to SirVixProbe

I haven't tried it post patch but I did run the dreaded C4/Danger Close/Riot Shield combo once prepatch and went something like 18-20 with it.  I'll admit that it was fun but only from a trolling sense.  The combo itself isn't useful if you are seriously trying to do well.  Post patch I can only imagine that the troll portion of the fun has been removed and that now it's gone back to being a strategic situational weapon that not everyone will be able to use successfully.  I'm perfectly fine with that.

Level 69

in reply to SirVixProbe

I am glad they made the change.  It was needed.  The combo wasn't that hard to deal with in most game modes with the exception of S&R/D.  In our clan, I had to play the RS/C4 combo to counter the other team using it.  I can't express how much I loathed playing that class.  I am hoping the change exponentially decreases the use in the Search game modes.

Level 8

in reply to SirVixProbe

FINALLY THEY FIXED THE EXPLOIT YOU BASTARDS USED

Level 7

in reply to SirVixProbe

So glad this happened. No more invincible C4 throwers.

Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to Ghamorra

one swallow doesn't make a summer

Level 34

in reply to SirVixProbe

Sweet justice.

Level 64

in reply to SirVixProbe

Good, its about time they nerfed this. Time for the bandwagon Ghosts riot shield users to learn how to use it properly, it was a stupid glitch, and its been fixed. You should not be invincible when deploying C4, it will never be changed back. Maybe now S&D will be fun to play, as I expect most of those bandwagoners will choose to jump off rather than adapt.

Level 20

in reply to SirVixProbe

It really sucks how Ghosts has so little novelty and guys who are gifted gunners (unlike myself) can dominate the game so absolutely. When there is one little thing like the shield which adds a little novelty to the game, they nerf it. They had already taken it out of 4v4. Enough already. There should be more novelty, not less. Very few players use the shield and the ones who do use it usually are at the bottom of the lobby board.

The problem here is obvious to me. The guys who are really good at the game are almost all gifted gunners. They are vocal on these boards and have access and influence over the programmers. Guys like me who are crappy with a gun (and therefore crappy at the game generally) are ignored by the programmers so we have essentially no influence on the decision making.

The game should be at least as much about wit and strategy rather than just a contest or who is the best gunner. It is becoming so much a contest of who is the best gunner, fewer and fewer people are willing to play it and get bored with it.

We need more novelty, not less in the game. Bring back the tac insert and black hat. make the shield better/tougher. Make it so a crappy player like me can at least help his team by having a weapon against killstreaks which is absent in this game (BO2 had the FHJ). Ghosts has a very unlevel playing field where talented players get even more advantage with dominant killstreaks and now taking more away from players like me who only can use the novel items to have half a chance.

Lack of novelty is one of the biggest complaints about Ghosts and reasons for lackluster popularity.

Level 3

in reply to Donkey--Jawbone11

Just to clarify, the shield itself was NOT nerfed or changed so your 'novelty' still exists.  The animation was changed to get rid of the invincibily factor when throwing C4.  You can still do everything you used to with the exception of being invincible when throwing C4.

I also think your definition of 'novelty' is the same as what I would consider the 'douche' factor.  This game needs less douche factor and this is a positive step in the right direction.  Most of your other points have me wondering if we are playing the same game?

Killstreaks are far from dominant.

This game actually encourages smart play and strategy rather than running from spawn to spawn like an idiot.

'Novelty' or <douche> factor is NOT one of the biggest complaints about this title and I highly doubt your suggestion of a tac insert is going to fix it.

Level 8

Studios