Clan Wars - PC pairing with Consoles

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Clan Wars - PC pairing with Consoles

So, in the Platinum level of PC gaming, it is far too difficult to keep up with the consoles that we are paired up against. The fact of the matter is that there are far less PC gamers thanks to a few not so bright ideas. That is besides the point now though, console gamers do not have the issues of waiting many minutes for a match just to scrap by. This is the great disadvantage of PC versus Consoles. However, PC clans are supposed to compete against console clans who do not have these issues.

Here is where a thought comes to mind, if PC gamers are supposed to compete against console gamers, then let us truly compete against them. PC versus Xbox versus PS. Obviously there are some logistical issues, but this could be easily solved if the right people were willing. And if the issue is that Microsoft pays for their people to get the DLC earlier, then pair PC with PS until DLC is released for all, then re-pair them.

- DesertDog

Level 1
12 REPLIES

Re: Clan Wars - PC pairing with Consoles

in reply to DesertDogXR

I totally agree with all these statements. We should really cross- platform.

Level 1

in reply to DesertDogXR

All we're asking for is more players, we're being pitted against ps and xbox clans that can play for hours with no worries. I agree with dog, please work on this issue!!!

Level 1

in reply to Shadowlink283

Perfect example of what I am talking about.

Level 1

in reply to DesertDogXR

A clan can have members on all platforms... mine has people on XBL, PSN, and 1 PC gamer.

Branch out and recruit members on consoles... but clan wars success is built on active members versus what console you play on.

P.S.... this should be in the clan forum.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

I think you're missing the obvious point... Desert is in a PC only clan and the population on any game type is extremely low because of the issues with the poor optimization and almost inexistent cheat protection for the PC community.  Sure I could maybe go out and buy 3 consoles pay for subscriptions (blank cheque to Activision....anybody) and get randoms to join the clan but that's not the issue at hand.

The issue is simple PC has 11k players on a free to play weekend!!!!! consoles have access to >11k players in one game type at all times of the day. Its clear to most PC players that Activision and IW cater to the consoles gamers. I don't think we would be in this predicament if they could supply PC gamers with a fully optimized for PC game. Not some shabby half a#$@d port that has no ping indicator, no audio slider, got a limited to 80 fov slider, lied to by Execs about dedicated servers(well sort of...), etc, etc.  So don't wonder why NOBODY in the PC community plays this game its quite obvious to anyone who has installed it. Most are awaiting the next installment and if they don't wise up the community that brought em up will drop em ...Just sayin!

at least Treyarch gives pc players somewhat of an optimized for PC experience.

Titanfall will most likely be the final blow to this poor attempt of a PC game..(Runs better in Alpha than this game after 4 months of support & patches) GLHF cause after March 11th <1k players online....

RIP COD PC Community!

Level 1

in reply to vonDitt0

vonDitt0 wrote:

I think you're missing the obvious point... Desert is in a PC only clan and the population on any game type is extremely low because of the issues with the poor optimization and almost inexistent cheat protection for the PC community.  Sure I could maybe go out and buy 3 consoles pay for subscriptions (blank cheque to Activision....anybody) and get randoms to join the clan but that's not the issue at hand.

The issue is simple PC has 11k players on a free to play weekend!!!!! consoles have access to >11k players in one game type at all times of the day. Its clear to most PC players that Activision and IW cater to the consoles gamers. I don't think we would be in this predicament if they could supply PC gamers with a fully optimized for PC game. Not some shabby half a#$@d port that has no ping indicator, no audio slider, got a limited to 80 fov slider, lied to by Execs about dedicated servers(well sort of...), etc, etc.  So don't wonder why NOBODY in the PC community plays this game its quite obvious to anyone who has installed it. Most are awaiting the next installment and if they don't wise up the community that brought em up will drop em ...Just sayin!

at least Treyarch gives pc players somewhat of an optimized for PC experience.

Titanfall will most likely be the final blow to this poor attempt of a PC game..(Runs better in Alpha than this game after 4 months of support & patches) GLHF cause after March 11th <1k players online....

RIP COD PC Community!

I got it...

... but the reality is clan wars are cross platform. If they do as the OP asks... they would no longer be.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

rankismet wrote:

I got it...

... but the reality is clan wars are cross platform. If they do as the OP asks... they would no longer be.

So we have to recruit members across a platform that we cannot play with, is that what you are saying? Because that in my mind, defeats the purpose of clan wars entirely.

Level 1

in reply to vonDitt0

agreed. i ended up here because i faught a clan i been paired up with was hacking,

because there getting the nodes in gamemodes that show 0 players on line.

now i know im paired with console player.

so i might as well give up now,

how can i compete with a console team if there only 1k pc online and only 2 gamemodes being played.

pointless

currently:

1620 online

Level 2

in reply to ConnorMacleod84

Well PlayStation Network would gladly pair console and computer gamers, but not so much the other network...

Level 1

Studios