CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Highlighted

CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?

So I bugged about this in MW3 and probably MW2, but I am disappointed about not being able to turn off the in game music in these Infinity Ward series CoD games. Does Treyarch own some strange rights to providing this in their menu options of their series? All I want is to play S&D and other game modes, without the music blasting at the last minute, drowning out every other sound. Anybody else agree?

Level 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?

in reply to Lalo671
Solution
‎08-11-2013 05:06 PM

The primary problem i have with Call of Duty Ghosts is the sound settings. Black Ops 2 provided different sound profiles along with voice and music volume settings. I can live without a ballistics knife but i am surprised your new title does not even include voice volume settings at the very least.

I do hope there is a title update which will improve the user settings not only for myself but also for other players.

Thank you for listening.

Level 1
72 REPLIES

in reply to Lalo671

Lalo67 wrote:

So I bugged about this in MW3 and probably MW2, but I am disappointed about not being able to turn off the in game music in these Infinity Ward series CoD games. Does Treyarch own some strange rights to providing this in their menu options of their series? All I want is to play S&D and other game modes, without the music blasting at the last minute, drowning out every other sound. Anybody else agree?

This is something we had numerous discussions with iw about in the past on mw3 and something we bought up very recently with iw again too, Hopefully they have listened to the feedback and the sliders will allow for music to be reduced *fingers crossed*

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Wasn't CoD Black Ops 2 the first CoD to allow complete disabling of background music?

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Scotland-Rules

BO1 had the option also, I don't remember if W@W had it.

Level 2

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:

Lalo67 wrote:

This is something we had numerous discussions with iw about in the past on mw3 and something we bought up very recently with iw again too, Hopefully they have listened to the feedback and the sliders will allow for music to be reduced *fingers crossed*

Call me cray-cray (okay, cray-crazier) but I'll swear I had the music volume lowered in MW3, too. Granted, I have not played it in a year but I may just have to check.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

Did you check?

I stopped playing it once BO2 came out, but at the time, turning off the in game in MW2/MW3 music was not an option. You will mainly notice it if you're playing S&D, once the music starts blasting, say goodbye to every other sound for the time being. If you're not a S&D junkie, then you might not care as much.

Level 2

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:

Lalo67 wrote:

Thank you for bringing this up to Infinity Ward. It was such a MAJOR fail in MW3. The non-stop music was extremely annoying and lessened my COD experience for sure. I guess I can believe it was an IW oversight in MW3, but if somehow they don't put the option in after you've confirmed it's been brought to their attention, then I'm going to get really pissed off. Hulk SMASH!!

Level 21

in reply to r8edtripx

Ya know I will laugh if it is not there. For it will prove the devs have some backbone and dont just add things because some players want it or believe it needs to be there. If they do add it, just will prove the devs try to cater to too many different types of players which leads to more problems down the road.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

I hope the devs see that the constant music is annoying to many players out there, and give us the option to lower or turn it off completely. This will prove the devs are listening.

I've read some of your other posts on this thread, and I do agree that a good player can adapt and can do well in the game with or without the option. ...but why suffer through the annoyance of constant music? (Annoyance for many. Yes, we know YOU love the constant music)

If the devs' intention of the constant music is to stop soundwhoring, then why not just make it so that Dead Silence has NO counter? I'm not a fan of campers, so I'd be totally cool with Dead Silence not having a counter.

Even if the constant music does hurt campers because it makes it harder to soundwhore, IMO, it's too high a price to pay. It's so irritating to me, that I'd sometimes cut my gaming sessions short because of the music. Not what I want out of my COD experience.

Maccabi has given me hope by telling us that they've brought this issue up to Infinity Ward. I started a couple of threads regarding this issue in the past, and I was a little worried about Ghosts having the same problem. We'll just have to wait and see.

Level 21

in reply to r8edtripx

Yep only time will trully tell the tale if it was added or not and what it may do for the game either good or bad.

Next thing players will want sliders for voice, footsteps, gun sounds, explosions and any other sound such as ambient background noises. Where the most important for sound whoring will be turned up and all the rest turned off or down all the way, claiming those other sounds were too annoying as well.

Thus proving they need to be able to sound whore in order to play the game well.

Level 70

Studios