CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?

in reply to trialstardragon

trialstardragon wrote:

Next thing players will want sliders for voice, footsteps, gun sounds, explosions and any other sound such as ambient background noises. Where the most important for sound whoring will be turned up and all the rest turned off or down all the way, claiming those other sounds were too annoying as well.

You're overthinking it. If someone wants to turn down certain audio channels because they want to soundwhore, why not just say, "Hey, I want the option so that I can soundwhore. I bought a great headset, and now I want to soundwhore."

In-general I don't feel people would try to hide the fact that soundwhore.

trialstardragon wrote:

Thus proving they need to be able to sound whore in order to play the game well.

LOL!! "Thus proving..." - That logic is irrefutable. haha! You remind of of this youtuber, fist. He also likes to arrive at conclusions that crack me up. Thanks for the laughs. Lol.

Level 21

in reply to r8edtripx

No most wont admit to it for they don't want to be labeled as such. Just like those that QS try to claim they are using the sniper as it was meant to be used. They cannot ever admit for if they do they lower the chance that the option would be added. Because without it, sound whoring is not as easy.

Just like how some cried the footsteps were too quiet. The ones who cried the most were the sound whores using headsets wanting those loud footsteps to tell them when someone was nearby so they never had to look around.

Level 70

trialstardragon wrote:

No most wont admit to it for they don't want to be labeled as such. Just like those that QS try to claim they are using the sniper as it was meant to be used. They cannot ever admit for if they do they lower the chance that the option would be added. Because without it, sound whoring is not as easy.

Just like how some cried the footsteps were too quiet. The ones who cried the most were the sound whores using headsets wanting those loud footsteps to tell them when someone was nearby so they never had to look around.

Maybe you're tuned in to a soundwhore stigma I'm not aware of. I've been around these forums a bit myself and I watch a lot of COD YouTube, and I've heard people freely admit they're soundwhoring. (not camping soundwhoring though.)

I still don't feel there's a stigma attached to soundwhoring, as long as you're not just waiting in a room listening for sounds like I've heard many do in S&D.

Anyway, if you start a thread/petition where you want Dead Silence to have no counter, I am most definitely in. ...but for GOD's sake we need to have COD Ghosts have the option to turn down the music! C'mon, make it happen!

Level 21

in reply to Lalo671

If you didnt know this, you could delete the MILES folder and the music would be gone.

Level 5

For PC? I mainly played on console, but I will look into this if it's a valid and reliable PC solution, when Ghosts comes out.

Level 2

in reply to Lalo671

I know all of the Treyarch games since World at War had this option. I also want there to be an option to mute the music. I also hope there is an option to mute battle chatter as well. I think BO2 had that option. I know Ghosts is going to have new innovative battle chatter, but I would rather all of the soldiers be muted, that is just my opinion. The battle chatter in BO2 is pretty annoying to me.

Level 4

in reply to STUMPGRINDER_14

I doubt they will allow the mute of battle chatter since it is one of their new features for the game.

Level 70

in reply to Lalo671

Option to turn off music, and option to control and reduce music volume (all the way to no music enabled) should be a standard feature in ALL videogames.   Even Borderlands and RE Operation Raccoon City have that option.   Makes no sense for Call of Duty, of all shooters, to not include option to turn off music. 

The gameplay is actually more realistic, more fun, more atmospheric, more immersive AND more exciting without music. 

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to affinityXX

No it does not need to be a standard feature in all games just because you think so.

Level 70

@

trialstardragon

It's not a case of an individual requirement whether the DEVs deem it a necessary option to implement but more so a general consensus from the community.

Hence why these forums are put in place for people to post their opinions and possible likes/dislikes , suggested improvements, every individual has their opinion and as stated by a Mod in this subject matter whether or not it gets implemented is another matter.

General rule of thumb most franchises listen to their community and adapt the game to their willing to please the masses but it would be naive of any individual to speak on their behalf or assume a decision for something such as this has already been forecast because you say so.

In terms of the killcam being an added tool for creative drama is nonsense, it's a tool to help you improve and learn from your mistakes hence why it's only available in "Core", so you can see where you went wrong/didn't check your corners and so forth if it was a tool to create drama they'd have left it in Hardcore modes too.

My personal opinion in terms of the options to turn off:

* Game Chatter -  No, I too think it's part of the game and would lose some of the title's immersive game-play.

* Game Music - Yes, this should be a standard option in ALL titles, period.

But as both 3Arc / IW have demonstrated in previous titles, they do as they see fit with little regard to it's community so I wouldn't hold your breath on either count but they've had little need to because as someone else mentioned they provide me with a fast paced FPS that no other title has come close too, so regardless of my preference to certain issues I will, at the end of the day continue to play the COD franchise as it has fulfilled my requirements of an FPS in terms of it's game-play.

Level 1

Studios