CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts General Discussion

Re: CoD:GHOSTS-Give the consumers an option of turning off in game music!?

in reply to Lalo671

OH GOODNESS YES! The most annoying thing is those stupid guitar riffs when you level up or unlock something like a kill-streak or whenever you get anything good. Every-time I'm on a roll that super loud stuff plays, I can't hear anything, then poof I'm insta-killed. When you are on a streak sneaking around like a ninja the last thing you ever want is a rock band blasting out your eardrums every few seconds. HORRIBLE!

So it's not only the music but those cheesy sound effects that ruin our whole ghost like military game play experience.

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to TinyLittleTimmy2

Yeah, music is really immature, especially for something like this.  Save the music for Serious Sam or some goofy shooter. 

No music is more mature, more realistic, and players can concentrate more.     It's a fact that player performance improves with no music playing. 

Level 3

in reply to affinityXX

Music is not immature. that comment itself is immature.

it's a fact that good players are not bothered by it to begin with. only sound whores need to be able to turn it off to do well.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

trialstardragon wrote:

it's a fact that good players are not bothered by it to begin with. only sound whores need to be able to turn it off to do well.

Nope... the "fact" is that's your opinion.

I'm not a fan of musical cues during a match. I'm not a fan of the countdown timers at the end of a match. They're like a gnat buzzing in your ear. I welcome the option to remove it... especially with how Ghosts is emphasizing sound.

An option to remove it is no big deal. A lot of players in the community welcome and desire options.

Why?

Because options open possibiities.

Like it was optional for you to comment on the previous post like a nozzle.

But I know that's not possible.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

No it is fact Ran, good players do not need the sounds removed to do well in the game. They adapt and still do well even with the loud music or other sounds. Only players that need to be able to hear the player walking up on them so they can turn and fire at that time because they have tunnel vision and don't want to have to look around need it turned off.

And if that option is not there is is no big deal either. For not every option that can be had needs to be had in a game just because some players think so. Just because you might like it or want it does not mean the devs have to or need to or should do it.

Level 70

trialstardragon wrote:

No it is fact Ran, good players do not need the sounds removed to do well in the game. They adapt and still do well even with the loud music or other sounds. Only players that need to be able to hear the player walking up on them so they can turn and fire at that time because they have tunnel vision and don't want to have to look around need it turned off.

And if that option is not there is is no big deal either. For not every option that can be had needs to be had in a game just because some players think so. Just because you might like it or want it does not mean the devs have to or need to or should do it.

Your "opinion" on the quality of a player based on their ability to ignore an in-game sound is not a "fact".

Also, have I written anything procalaiming IW must or should provide this option? No.

It's a request.

A desire.

A preference.

Not a requiremnt.

RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

You claim it is each of those but when not in the game it is complained about as how it is not right or not fair that it is not; that it should be a standard feature that all games should have, when really no it is not.

Not every desire or preference by the players is really needed in the game for it to be playable or fun.

Level 70

trialstardragon wrote:

You claim it is each of those but when not in the game it is complained about as how it is not right or not fair that it is not; that it should be a standard feature that all games should have, when really no it is not.

Not every desire or preference by the players is really needed in the game for it to be playable or fun.

Not a claim, neighbor.  The OP would the option of adjusting the music. I, too, would like this option.

The only person confused about what optional means... is you.

Try setting the nozzle to low... or even better... putting it away for a bit.

RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

Nah, I have to get it out every now and then to make sure people like you don't forget about what it can be like to deal with it.

Level 70

in reply to Lalo671

Will it be there maybe? Does it have to be there? Not really.

Level 70

Studios